Chrono Trigger

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
So who all likes this game? It's one of my favorite games of all time.

I can't really think of a single flaw with Chrono Trigger and if you can, it's probably a pretty tiny one that doesn't really hurt the game at all. The characters, story, world design, visuals, battle system, the music, pacing... It all works beautifully together. If you ask me, it's perfect.

This game stands the test of time too. It's still a fantastic game to play today.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
It is a great game, but I certainly liked much more FFVI (both games are often compared because they were arguably the best RPGs for the SNES). I'm not a huge fan of the soundtrack, save for a few exceptions. And the story, while good, isn't very much my cup of tea. It's still a gem, though.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
Chrono Trigger is definitely one of the best rpgs out there. It delivers an amazing story, a great cast of characters and great soundtrack. Combat system is nice and those double and triple techs were fun.
Story and characters are two things it did much better than Chrono Cross with its enormous cast of meaningless characters and bad pacing issues. I still enjoyed it though.

And I hope that one day SE will make another Chrono game or remake CT.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
The soundtrack is definitely great. Memories of Green, Corridor of Time, Undersea Palace, Zeal Palace, Black Omen, World Revolution and Deceive Battle with Magus are some of my favorites.

May 26, 2014
That's certainly interesting though. I don't think I've come across many people who don't absolutely love the soundtrack. I know I do. And really I just love the game in general. Easily one of my favorite games ever.

I haven't played Cross and probably never will. Trigger is perfect how it is and I feel no need to expand upon it in any way.

Also, why didn't I know this album existed until this year!?

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
That's certainly interesting though. I don't think I've come across many people who don't absolutely love the soundtrack. I know I do. And really I just love the game in general. Easily one of my favorite games ever.

I haven't played Cross and probably never will. Trigger is perfect how it is and I feel no need to expand upon it in any way.

Also, why didn't I know this album existed until this year!?
At least give Cross a chance, you might not now if you end up liking it...

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I'm still currently playing it for the First time, I want the Ds version but instead I have the PS1. I loved Chrono Cross. I thought that Both OST were the greatest around, though I'm biased when it comes to Chrono Cross. CC's OST was my personal favorite. THe characters in CT are amazing so far, I love CC's Cast (mainly Kid, Serge, Guile, and Harle), and The cast of CT i loved Lucca and Marle. Gameplay wise I thought that CC's battle system was Better.

Sep 26, 2013
We talk about Chrono Trigger soundtrack and nobody mentioned Wind Scene????!!!! I can't even...!
I think the whole soundtrack is great. These are just some of my personal favorites.

If you enjoy listening to artists who like to recreate some of those tunes, you should check out Chrono Symphonic (various artists) and Chrono Trigger Symphony (Blake Robinson). Some great stuff!