Disgaea D2 Impressions

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Last night, I received my copy of Disgaea D2. I figured since there is no embargo and that I beat the first four games in the series this month, I would share my thoughts and maybe answer any questions you guys may have. I will be starting tonight, so I keep a rolling update.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
The good thing is that it brings back the characters from the first game, so if you skipped the other entries after playing the first, it should be easy to get back in.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
I've started playing today, and still working through the first Episode.

I suck a lot more a Disgaea-type games than I thought I did. No other comments, really.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
An SRPG rule. When in doubt. Power Level
Haha, of course, but I think I'll be better off when I re-learn Disgaea's mechanics and all the new stuff they've added. I haven't really played an entry to the series since... well, the original, so I have a lot of catching up to do mechanics wise.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I got a few for you: 1. How is the "cheat shop" or whatever it's called work? 2. Did you unlock female samurais yet? Love those generics. 3. Does it feel like a step up from D4?

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
I got a few for you: 1. How is the "cheat shop" or whatever it's called work? 2. Did you unlock female samurais yet? Love those generics. 3. Does it feel like a step up from D4?
Sorry for not replying sooner. Wanted to get a ways in to better answer this.

1) The cheat shop basically allows you to move some bars around that all start at 100%. For example, you could decrease the amount of money you receive in favor of more experience, or increase the amount of Mana to level up magic in place of special skills. Also, there are options to turn on and off things like protecting characters or support attacks. You can also increase the difficulty of the monsters several times over.

2) Yet to unlock female Samurai (ah, Disgaea 4), but just got the Heavy Knight.

3) Right now, there are some things it does better and others not so much, but still feeling around.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Gotten quite a bit further, so if you happen to have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Isnt Disgaea D2 coming out on the 8th of October? I kinda really want it. I wasn't planning on it since I plat Disgaea 3 on vita but I feel like i'm ready to play a new game.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
Got some more for you. Dunno if you're allowed to answer but do you get female Laharl as a permanent unit? Know anything about the usual extra characters you defeat in the post game to get as units? I'm hoping Fuka and Desco are included like they were in the vita port of D3.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Got some more for you. Dunno if you're allowed to answer but do you get female Laharl as a permanent unit? Know anything about the usual extra characters you defeat in the post game to get as units? I'm hoping Fuka and Desco are included like they were in the vita port of D3.
Putting this in spoilers.

Right now, female Laharl only showed up in a single episode. Hoggmeiser showed up, but disappeared. I don't see any other recurring characters just yet.