Do you think FFXV will have a place in your top 10 RPG's of all time list?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Think FFXV be amazing enough to make it into your top 10 best RPG's of all time?

• Total voters

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
I'm interested in knowing what you guys and gals consider to be the cream of the crop and if, from what you have heard, read and/or seen about XV will it manage to enter your personal top 10!

My list looks something like this(from not best to best):
-Tales of Vesperia
-Final Fantasy X
-Radiant Historia
-Dragon Quest VIII
-Final Fantasy VI
-NieR
-The Witcher III
-Xenosaga Ep III
-Xenogears
-Final Fantasy IX

I think FFXV can easily find a home in my top 10.
I can see it taking The Witcher III's or possibly Xenosaga Ep III's place.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I definetely has the potential. For me it has the potential to become the third game in sharing my number 1 spot of all time (Final Fantasy X and Shadow of The Colossus).

EDIT: My list of Top 10 RPG

1. Final Fantasy X (Shadow of the Colossus is not one but still N°1 alongside this)
  2. Final Fantasy XII
  3. Persona 3
  4. Tales of the Abyss
  5. Final Fantasy VII
  6. Kingdom Hearts Series (Either KHII Final Mix or Birth By Sleep Final Mix)
  7. Final Fantasy IX
  8. Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor
  9. Chrono Trigger
  10. Final Fantasy VI

Last edited:

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
It seems likely to make my overall top 10, TBH. But, being fair, I don't branch out too too much. I try new things on occasion, don't get me wrong, but I usually have to know I'm going to enjoy something before I bother, so I tend to stick to the safest bets.

At the moment? Possibly, but very improbably - so my vote goes to "No".

EDIT: For the fun of it, here's also a list of my personal top 10 RPG:

• The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter (and from the looks of it, also Second Chapter)
  • Vagrant Story
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished - Omen & Ys II: Ancient Ys Vanished - The Final Chapter (counted as one game because of their close ties to one another)
  • Final Fantasy V
  • Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings & The Lost Ocean
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
Honorary mentions go out to Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar for trying something else in RPGs that should come back, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for being my first jRPG (the SNES version, the DS remake can go f*ck itself) and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn for being my first RPG (and the starting point of me and wRPG not getting along).

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2015
In no particular order these are my top ten RPG's.
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
Chrono Trigger
Dark Souls
Bloodborne
Breath of Fire 3
Lunar

I do think FFXV looks like it could definitely be in my top ten list. I have faith in Tabata and the rest of the team to give us the game that we have been wanting for so long now. I think it will be an incredible experience and we are so very close to finally getting our hands on it. Can't wait.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
  • FF9
  • Mass Effect Trilogy (If we have to pick one, let's say 2)
  • Dark Souls
  • FF6
  • FF7
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Morrowind
  • Witcher 3
  • Deus Ex
  • Star Wars: KOTOR
  • Persona 4
  • Pokemon GS
Honestly, it has a very tough climb to even hit the top 20 for me. For any new game to break into that is an achievement.

Actually, the more interesting question for me personally is if it can make my Top 5 FFs...

We shall see.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
In no particular order of preferance:
  • FF IX (I'm making an exception and will list every FF I have in my top and not just the series like with ME or DS/BB).
  • FF VI.
  • FF VIII.
  • FF VII.
  • Chrono Trigger.
  • Xenogears.
  • Mass Effect (same as APZ here, it'd be either 1 or 2. Probably 1).
  • Bloodborne (Dark or Demon's Soul would also work. Haven't actually played 2 or 3 -well, I tried 2 for a little bit-).
  • Dragon Quest VIII.
  • Kingdom Hearts (the first one. I kinda hate what the series has become in regards to story and characters, even though I'm very excited about 3 and really like 2 and enjoyed some spin-offs -namely, BBS-. The first one I consider has a charming, simple enough story with very exciting, for its time, gameplay and visuals).

Most RPGs I like are Japanese as there used to be a lot of them (many of them amazing). Now, I'm much more directed towards Western games, but that's just because the Japanese industry is not precisely at its best (and because I really dislike how many or most anime/manga-inspired visuals look now that 3D is the norm -I know it's kinda ironic considering I'm excited about XV (including its visuals barring some -important- designs) and that my avatar is from a manga, but hey).

This list is shiftable as fuck though, as my memory is shit and I've never a guy with a favourite "x thing" and always gravitate towards different ones depending on the day (like, The Witcher 3 could perfectly be on the list, for example).

As for the question... I could totally see it, yeah. Most aspects of the game I tolerate, like and even love (I mean, I've been following this game like an obsessed for 10 years, so I think there's a lot to like in it for me, lol). There are certain things I don't though, but if the buzz the game is getting is anything to go by, I can see it getting in the list, even in a high position. I'd be surprised if the game is anything less than good. I'm gravitating towards it being great, actually.

I mean, FF VIII is up there with VI and VIII as my second favourite FF after IX and that game is flawed as hell.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
After playing the demo and only restricting myself to travelling on foot after gaining the map(spent sixteen hours just walking around lol), I feel as though it will be on par if not a better overall game than The Witcher 3.

Although I adore WRPGs, JRPGs are my bread and butter.

I feel like I'll get a very strong and memorable 'Final Fantasy' story and that I will really connect with Noctis and Co.

What it need to prove to me now though(after playing bits of the Judgement demo)is that decent character development is also given to the antagonist and important NPCs and that the game has some meaningful sidequests that add to the world's lore and inhabitants within it. This is something the Witcher 3 pulled of in spades.

So far I feel FFXV will have:
-an enjoyable memorable story
-an endearing main characters
-an activity filled and immersive world to explore
-a majestic and unforgettable soundtrack
-an enjoyable battle system that will shine once fully open
-serviceable sidequests
-hit-and-miss minigames
-

Hynad

Yevonite
Sep 19, 2016
I think it has its chances. I don't remember having been this hyped for a game since Shenmue on the Dreamcast. And so far, the previews have all been positive, so I think the game has a chance to live to the expectations of the majority, including mine.

My top 10 goes as follow:

1: Final Fantasy VI
2: Final Fantasy IV
3: The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt
4: Shenmue
5: Final Fantasy IX
6: Dragon Quest VIII
7: Suikoden
8: Chrono Trigger
9: Final Fantasy XII
10: Final Fantasy VIII

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
It's hard to say for me. Honestly, I find it difficult to even pick my Top 10. There are just to many great RPGs that I appreciate for different reasons. Plus, there are still too many unknowns about FFXV, but I guess it's possible it'll make it to my favourites. That said, I'll try to compile my top10 list now, but mind you, it's not something definitive. In no particular order:
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Persona 4
  • Trails in the sky (SC if I have to pick one but they count as one game to me)
  • Baldur's Gate II (imho the best thing Bioware ever put out)
  • Planescape Torment
  • TES: Morrowind
  • Nier
  • The Witcher 2 (haven't tried 3 yet)
  • Kingdom Hearts 2
  • Mass Effect 2
I guess there are more than 10 but oh well, sue me.

Ahall88

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 11, 2016
Michigan
Well, it's possible, Judgement Disc was a lot of fun.
And since everyone else is posting lists, I'll join in too. :p

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy VIII
3. The Witcher 3
4. Xenogears
5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
6. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
7. Fallout
8. Persona 4
9. Baldur's Gate II
10. Final Fantasy XII

Admittedly, most of that is probably due to nostalgia, but I still play through these games every once in a while still.