Do you want FFX-3? Or would you prefer Toriyama to be making something else?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you want Final Fantasy X-3? Or would you prefer Motomu Toriyama to be making something else?

• Yes, I would love Final Fantasy X-3.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I would want to see X-3 before I make a judgement on it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would prefer a prequel to Final Fantasy X.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I would prefer Toriyama to bring back the Parasite Eve franchise.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I would prefer Toriyama to be directing the new Front Mission.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He's probably working on VII Remake, that's enough for me.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Rezon

Red Wings Commander
Feb 21, 2015
I would prefer him to make coffee for the people working on good games.
All jokes aside, if I had to choose something FF related for him to work on it would be as a scenario guy for anything at all, just don't put him in charge of anything.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I would prefer him to make coffee for the people working on good games.
All jokes aside, if I had to choose something FF related for him to work on it would be as a scenario guy for anything at all, just don't put him in charge of anything.
Event director sounds more likely to me if you don't want him directing the whole project. That's what he was for FFX when Kitase got him on the project.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Agreed, the last thing we want is another Dirge of Cerberus when while DoC wasn't a very good game it's still canon and still has never gotten closure.
In case of DoC of cerberus, if they don't to make a game they could give it closure throughout other media, like in a novel or something (the same could apply to FFX-3)

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
As I've said before, I prefer Toriyama away from a mainline Final Fantasy. He's done enough harm to the franchise already.

But it's Square Enix we are talking about, so I guess he'll be in charge of FFX-3, 4, 5 and beyond, forever and ever.

coffee-san

Sphere Hunter
Mar 18, 2015
As much as I loved X's narrative, the appeal just goes away after the first game.
We didn't even need an X-2, I got more satisfaction out of reading X's Ultimania than learning about Shuyin in X-2.

Also I don't know what the appeal would even be for X-3? Given Toriyama's standards in his games, X-3's focus wouldn't even be largely in the narrative, just gameplay changes.
TIDUS RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY X

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
As I've said before, I prefer Toriyama away from a mainline Final Fantasy. He's done enough harm to the franchise already.

But it's Square Enix we are talking about, so I guess he'll be in charge of FFX-3, 4, 5 and beyond, forever and ever.
Harm? Lol. That's why he has three Final Fantasy games in the mid 80's on metacrtic and one in the '90s, two if you count VII. I'd argue Toriyama's the only director who's done anything good for Final Fantasy in the past eight, nine years.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Those games came before or after the debacle he deepened with his decisions with FFXIII?
Both!

Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. All were well received and sold many copies, with some exceeding Square Enix's sales expectations very largely.

And can't forget about his events in Final Fantasy VII, some of the most famous and popular in Final Fantasy history.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Are we really going to start this shit AGAIN, come on! We already had a Toriyama thread locked and now again asking what do you think he's working on. Who fucking cares?! We all had our chance at a discussion and people blew it and now we need another thread where people are already arguing over Toriyama again?

Give it a fucking rest, stop making threads about X-3 and Toriyama. Fucking hell.