FF12 Remaster

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ChrisB

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 25, 2014
Not been mentioned in a while or any news about it so do we assume it's not going to happen

Oct 19, 2013
Not been mentioned in a while or any news about it so do we assume it's not going to happen
Huh, strange. I could have sworn I had replied to a similar thread from you two days ago or so oO

FFXII's 10th anniversary is in March this year. I'm sure we'll hear something about it by then or at least still in this year.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
They do have a lot of projects going on within just the Final Fantasy franchise (VII remake, on-going of XIV updates, XV, and Explorer in the West), on top of that, from a marketing point of view, I personally don't think diverting the focus to yet another series is a good idea at the moment. VII is a bit of a different story as it's well established to be the fan favourite. I can imagine after the release of Explorer in a week or so, they will focus their entire marketing effort into XV. XII might be in the works, but I think we just need to "please wait a little longer."

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
They do have a lot of projects going on within just the Final Fantasy franchise (VII remake, on-going of XIV updates, XV, and Explorer in the West), on top of that, from a marketing point of view, I personally don't think diverting the focus to yet another series is a good idea at the moment. VII is a bit of a different story as it's well established to be the fan favourite. I can imagine after the release of Explorer in a week or so, they will focus their entire marketing effort into XV. XII might be in the works, but I think we just need to "please wait a little longer."
As a matter of fact, it's been long known in NeoGAF that Square Enix has finished porting a version of FFX|X-2 HD for Steam (they even have it registered on Steam, although I don't have the links with me right now), but they are waiting to announce it. Word says that this is because of the many FF projects that are out there, but that after FFIX for PC is released, something will appear about this FFX port.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
My theory is that FFXII HD Remastered will get announced for PS4 at TGS in September. It will release in mid 2017 and will come with a demo for the FFVII Remake to boost sales, much how Type-0 HD released with a demo for FFXV.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Did that Reddit post ever officially get debunked? There was definitely plenty of reason to believe it was a hoax, but the content in it seemed plausible enough. I could easily see early 2017.

I've been playing izjs weak mode on an emulator. I have a relatively new mid range PC and I can pretty much max out the enhancements, including some basic shaders and texture upscaling. It looks like a PS3 game.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Did that Reddit post ever officially get debunked? There was definitely plenty of reason to believe it was a hoax, but the content in it seemed plausible enough. I could easily see early 2017.
So far there has been no debunk, yet, nor confirmation. However, it should be noticed that the original post was done by a 1 day old user account (at the time of the posting).

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
So far there has been no debunk, yet, nor confirmation. However, it should be noticed that the original post was done by a 1 day old user account (at the time of the posting).
Yeah, I read the part about the upvoting, too, but if it was real, both of those would still be the case. It'd be some employee making a new anonymous account and he'd have some if his co-workers upvote it via a direct link before it goes public, so it pops up top. Or something to that effect. That and the info itself was pretty plausible. I'd think of it was hoax, it'd either make some kind of controversial claim, or that they'd use their newfound attention to keep spouting other "inside info" but to the best of my knowledge, they didn't do either.

I'm not saying it's legit, it could so easily be a hoax, it's just that the only reasons to doubt it are just inherant generalities that comes from healthy skepticism (like how it seems fake because it's anonymous. No reason to buy it until it's backed up with more substance, but suspend inherant disbelief and it's totally plausible.)

I dunno, it just rang true to me. I could just be a sucker, but I'd rather be a sucker than a cynic*.

*Edit: My personal philosophy. I'm not calling anyone a cynic.