FF15 delayed? Rumor

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it delayed?

• Yes

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Cancelled like Stella

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Ok, the rumor of a delay towards late November leaves me a bit scared.

Mod Edit: Here's the story: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report-final-fantasy-xv-has-been-delayed-to-november-29th

It's been a long wait with multiple delays along the way, but earlier this year Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XV is launching on September 30th. Unfortunately, it appears that one more delay is on the way. A source within GameStop management has tipped us off that Square Enix has delayed the game until November 29th. Promotional materials with the new date have arrived at some GameStop stores with instructions that they are not to be put up until after Sunday, August 14th, so an official announcement could be coming then.

The same source that has revealed this information to Gamnesia has proven reliable on multiple occasions in the past. This includes leaking the release date and trade-in deals for New Nintendo 3DS as well as the release date for Star Wars Battlefront.

Last edited by a moderator:

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Cant be delayed I mean the had a whole conference to announce the release date! Calling bullshit on this.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Yeah even their press release had 9/30th. I mean i'm all for polish but still.

I'll wait this one out a bit.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
Fine, fine I guess I'll have to hop in here.

If that rumour is true then it will be the biggest hype killer I've ever had experienced. Always been on the hype train since VersusXIII and it never deflated. But with such a concrete announcement with the uncovered event, I was ready! My body had never been so ready. Ready for September 30th. I took 2 week holiday from the release date!

Yes the delay could be a benefit but it also says a lot about the state of the game and the words that have come from the mouth of the developers recently. Obviously it's just a mere rumour at the moment BUT if it's proven to be true then I will be very worried about this game and my hype and excitement for the game will be almost non existent.

ChingleeTribal

SOLDIER, First Class
Mar 27, 2016
If there is a delay, give a fucking release date you can stick to guys. If you have to, just say "2016 release" no need for a mension of the month.

And if it doesn't meet that 2016 release....well, I will have no word.....maybe "roll on PS5!" XD

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Well, I certainly hope it's bunk. I set my vacation time around this game and I don't want to wait that much longer for my vacation if I gave to move it. Looks bunk, though, so its hopefully all good.

I've done retail before. You usually get the promo stuff well in advance, so if no one at the stores have heard of it, it's not proof by any means, but it's more than nothing.

Either way, though, I'm the 14 seconds between reading the headline and reading Red's tweet, I pretty much got over it anyway. Sometimes that's just how shit goes, and if they need a delay to avoid a launch day disaster, then that's what they gotta do, even if it'd suck. I feel like they're so committed to the date, though. I bet they'll get it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.