FFXV coming to PS4Pro

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
Looked pretty clean on my end, despite Youtube quality being "ehh". Also, really like that you can, seemingly, ride Chocobos to towns (or at least some areas in them). Don't really have more to say tbh, I hope they show a little more in the days to come, even if just screenshots. I'm in no way buying a PS4 Pro, but I guess this should ease "m-muh graphics" people. Whether they're right in many regards or not, they can be annoying as fuck.

Off-topic: was kinda dissapointed in what they decided to show from Mass Effect :/ And already hating that green Asari, ever since the BTS video.

Jul 16, 2015
Looked pretty clean on my end, despite Youtube quality being "ehh". Also, really like that you can, seemingly, ride Chocobos to towns (or at least some areas in them). Don't really have more to say tbh, I hope they show a little more in the days to come, even if just screenshots. I'm in no way buying a PS4 Pro, but I guess this should ease "m-muh graphics" people. Whether they're right in many regards or not, they can be annoying as fuck.

Off-topic: was kinda dissapointed in what they decided to show from Mass Effect :/ And already hating that green Asari, ever since the BTS video.
TGS is next week remember.

Tornak

Keyblade Master
May 18, 2014
Madrid, Spain
TGS is next week remember.
Yeah, just finished (yet another) exam week and can't even think straight lol. I actually thought about TGS yesterday or so I think, but didn't realize the "PS4 Pro" part.

Wouldn't it be cool if they released whatever trailer they have there in both the standard PS4 and the PS4 Pro versions?

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
Ugh, the idiots are out there in full force already. Stay out of GFaqs if you value your sanity.

The lengths people go to to twist shit so they can feel justified about crying about it online is mind-boggling. Just absolutely mind-boggling. I really hate being associated with gamers in general sometimes.

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Ugh, the idiots are out there in full force already. Stay out of GFaqs if you value your sanity.

The lengths people go to to twist shit so they can feel justified about crying about it online is mind-boggling. Just absolutely mind-boggling. I really hate being associated with gamers in general sometimes.
What happened?

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
Now, just pretend I'm stupid.

I know, I know it's hard to imagine.

What advantages would the Pro version bestow on FFXV with or without a 4k tv.

Will it be the exact same game, just upscaled to 4k (same textures and visual effects), thus really only useful to people with 4k tvs?

Or can we expect superior performance, textures (improved foliage) and visual effects (better shadows, draw distance et cetera), thus making it an improvement even to HD tvs?

I'm pretty useless with all this tech jargon

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
I'll take a stab and guess its the usual suspects spinning the improved visuals from PAX as "PS4 Pro-related" while also making conjectures of how the standard version will "suffer", following today's announcement.
Basically, yes.

It's the little brother got a shiner toy syndrome.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016

Will it be the exact same game, just upscaled to 4k (same textures and visual effects), thus really only useful to people with 4k tvs?

Or can we expect superior performance, textures (improved foliage) and visual effects (better shadows, draw distance et cetera), thus making it an improvement even to HD tvs?

Better color contrast and some better built in effects, and more raw processing/graphical power to play with. But, ultimately how much of a difference that will make is going to he up to the individual developers.

Jul 16, 2015

All the games they showed were flawless looking. There was not a single jaggy in sight. It clearly isn't just for 4k resolution upgrade.

AtSwimTwoBirds

Clan Centurio Member
Jun 13, 2016
All the games they showed were flawless looking. There was not a single jaggy in sight. It clearly isn't just for 4k resolution upgrade.
Yeah.

My logic is - I'm viewing this video in 1080p and it looks amazing. The pro version should look amazing on a 1080p monitor (more amazing on a 4k obviously).

I think I'll get one. Damn it, I've anticipated XV for so long now I might as well.

4k tv is more the issue. I could get a cheap one - but I have a pretty decent HD tv. I'm afraid that even at 4k the colours might not be as vibrant....Or is that just wrong?

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
I'm not getting a Pro. Maybe one day in the future when I've actually got a 4KTV, but for now, nope. Episode Duscae and the Platinum demo ran fine for me and I'm assuming all the recent gameplay we've seen is from the "standard" console version, and that looks great too.