FFXV English voices TGS Trailer

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
I'm not so confident about that, or I need more time to get used to the English voices. I feel as if some of the voices don't suit them at all (with Ignis being the most blatant one IMO. He sounded too old with that appearance of his). Maybe I've been exposed to the Japanese voices for too long (since the 2011 trailer). Probably need a longer trailer (most preferably on the story) to see whether if they'll improve overtime or it's me to get used to them.

Mistwalker

SOLDIER Second Class
Sep 20, 2014
Santiago de Chile
www.youtube.com
You know what? I think that the dubbing of the numbered FFs has been very good so far. I can forgive the weirdiness from FFX's because it was the first one and there were a lot of techniques to be learn regarding dubbing videogames into English. But even so, the dubbing of FFXII and FFXIII was very good, specially FFXII --even FFXIV had some acceptable voice acting every time the characters talked using their voice and not text boxes. However, I think I'm playing FFXV in Japanese. I don't know what happened, but the voices used on this trailer sounded plain, emotionless and soulless. It may be because it was just the direct dubbing of a trailer and not the voice acting used in the final game, but even taking that into question, I'm not very confident in this dubbing process at this time.

Please, Square Enix, learn from the acceptance the Japanese voice acting had in LR:FFXIII on PS3 and the two FFXIII games released on Steam, and give us Japanese voice acting on all platforms >_< (In fact, I think it was confirmed that Type-0 and FFXV came with Japanese audio as well. I'm grateful for that).

Edit: Grammar. Remember that I'm not a native English speaker. A lot of mistakes are to be expected :p

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
You know what? I think that the dubbing of the numbered FFs has been very good so far. I can forgive the weirdiness from FFX's because it was the first one and there where a lot of techniques to be learn regarding dubbing videogames into English. But even so, the dub from FFXII and FFXIII were very good, specially FFXII --even FFXIV had some acceptable voice acting every time the characters talked using their voice and not text boxes. However, I think I'm playing FFXV in Japanese. I don't know what happened, but the voices used on this trailer sounded plain, emotionless and soulless. It may be because it was just the direct dubbing of a trailer and not the voice acting used in the final game, but even taking that into question, I'm not very confident in this dubbing process at this time.

Please, Square Enix, learn from the acceptance the Japanese voice acting had in LR:FFXIII on PS3 and the two FFXIII games released on Steam, and give us Japanese voice acting on all platforms >_< (In fact, I think it was confirmed that Type-0 and FFXV came with Japanese audio as well. I'm grateful for that).

Edit: Grammar. Remember that I'm not a native English speaker. A lot of mistakes are to be expected :p
Oh yeah, this was definitely a quick dub for the trailer, you can tell. I'm expecting a lot more out of the final voices to be honest, but I've grown so attached to the Japanese voices, I can't let go that easily.

Bobjam

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 14, 2014
Noctis just sounds sooo deep. I can't distinguish his battle cries between Gladiolus'! How old is he meant to be?

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
I'm confused. The voice-overs don't even sound true. They sound like someone joking around. I'm not one to be picky or judge based on Japanese voice-over but this time, if these are the real voice-over then i would prefer the Japanese over these ones. They don't fit

Bobjam

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 14, 2014
I do think this VA work was done during the making of the trailer months ago and that with better context when we see the demo running in English, the VA will sound clearer.....I hope. The shock will dissipate the more I hear them for sure.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
In the beginning it was ok but as it progressed it miss. I think noctis' voice neds to change. The more i watch and listen the more his voice seems the most off. Prompto's voice is fine, ignis i can get use to gladiolus sounds like barret from ff7 AC. Noctis' voice is just too deep. Lol but hey everyone's a critic at this point. We want and deserve the greatest for our long and patient waiting as dedicated fans. They better listen hard to the feedback from this demo.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Noctis doesn't sound like the japanese vo but I think the va still does a good job here. The rest of the crew? Uhm.... let's wait and see but I will play the final game with japanese voices no matter what

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
Personally, some people hate the English VA's because this game has been in the minds of people since 2006, and everyone has a certain expectation on what the voices sound like ( for 8 years! lol). Now that it's here, the VA isnt holding up to each individual expectation, therefore it quote on quote "Sucks".

Personally, I like it.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
everyone sounds find except Ingsis. whoever is voicing him is trying too hard. I know Ingsis is supposed to be smart but come on why are you generalizing his voice as wooden and overforced British. Grimwar Weis from nier would be a better fit

Last edited: