FFXV Slim Bundle vs. Pro

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've back to the forum (you know, life and all.) Hola to all the old members who remember me, and hello to everyone who's new :D

Alright, on to my topic (not sure where I should put this... but it's FFXV related, so... sorry mob if this is in incorrect place.) I have been waiting to get a PS4, and seems like it's the right time for me to do so, both financially as well as games that I really want to play (FFXV in a few weeks, Persona 5 in a month, and all the other games I've been wanting to play for the past 3 years, that are not on other systems.) It comes down to whether I should get the XV Slim Bundle or the PS4 Pro.

Here's my situation:
  1. Budget isn't too much of a concern
  2. I have pre-ordered the Deluxe version of FFXV, which I can cancel still
  3. I like the concept of 4K gaming, but my time isn't allowing me to play that much games anymore
  4. I do not have a 4K TV at this very moment, though I am considering of getting one next year
  5. I absolutely think the FFXV PS4 Slim Bundle graphic is gorgeous
Based on my situation here, how you would choose? I know ultimately it's a bit of preference plus whether I want the 4K gaming ability. But I want to see what you guys think. Maybe I have missed something important that I didn't consider. Ultimately, I want to make the decision in a week or two so I don't miss my opportunity to get the Slim Bundle if I decide to go that route!

Oct 2, 2016
From Nova Crystallis:

Tabata: Final Fantasy XV will have better graphics on PS4 Pro
Final Fantasy XV will look better on the PlayStation 4 Pro, director Hajime Tabata revealed. Speaking with French website Gameblog (translated by Nicolas), fans were given a small idea of what to expect at launch – including better visuals.

According to Tabata, it wasn’t long ago they came to know the PS4 Pro. As a result they really haven’t had time to take full advantage of the new hardware. At the moment they haven’t been able to show something satisfying.

Continuing, Tabata says they still have time to work on it and can assure fans a Pro patch will be available when Final Fantasy XV launches on November 29. He says the game will be optimized for the console and will be even more beautiful.

But what about the version we saw at TGS? That footage was from a demo made specifically for that event that focused only on graphical improvements. The game itself was not really improved, only the cosmetics. In the final Pro version, Tabata says there’s even more changes to come and clearly the PS4 Pro version of the game will be better visually.

So basically the team did what they could with the time they had, but the final version will be even better.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If money is not a problem then pick up the pro. As far as I know, even if you don´t have a 4K TV (and a 1080p one instead) you will still get a more crispped and detailed 1080p than with regular PS4.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I'm in a similar situation but for me budget is a bit of an issue. I'd only be getting it for the 1080p mode (no 4k tv) and there was very little footage of it shown. Not knowing how big the improvement would be makes it a bit difficult for me to justify this purchase. So I figured I'll just wait until the thing is out and I can judge if it's worth it. That said, if money wasn't a concern, I'd get the Pro.