Final Fantasy Type-0 Fan Translation

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Absolutely. Pretty astonishing to think it's taken all this time, and in between the waiting, SE still hasn't localised it themselves. Massive props and congratulations to these people. Looking forward to it.

Leonhart

PSICOM Soldier
I think I will wait a little longer... Give the last chance do Square-Enix release an official english version.
I could buy a Vita just to play this game if the announce an english version + Agito to It at E3.

I only hope they don't port Type-0 to ipad instead.

Sep 29, 2013
I really want to play this but i've never downloaded any patch like this before, has me a bit worried. I'll have to read up on it and make sure its not risky first.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
I've been following this team for awhile. They seem to be doing some good work. Translations shown in various trailer look solid. Thinking about purchasing a Vita so I can play this upscaled on OLED.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I hope this doesn't get C&Ded. The closer it is to launch, the more likely it gets...
According to what I have consistently and repeatedly read, the major player for this translation (SkyBladeCloud) lives in a country that doesn't enforce the copyright laws of other countries. Not only that, but he has been getting legal advice on the subject and supposedly SE can do jack and squat as a result so long as he doesn't distribute the actual ROM files for the game. That's really the only way they could have grounds to maybe convince his country's government (I wanna say Spain for some reason? Maybe Italy?) to let them act against him.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
If you are holding out on SE releasing this game Internationally, you're gonna have to wait a lot longer... they won't be releasing this on PSP, it's something where if they do it, it would have to be done on the Vita, which takes time and money, as the PSP is essentially dead at this point.

I'll be looking forward to the completion of this fan translation.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
According to what I have consistently and repeatedly read, the major player for this translation (SkyBladeCloud) lives in a country that doesn't enforce the copyright laws of other countries. Not only that, but he has been getting legal advice on the subject and supposedly SE can do jack and squat as a result so long as he doesn't distribute the actual ROM files for the game. That's really the only way they could have grounds to maybe convince his country's government (I wanna say Spain for some reason? Maybe Italy?) to let them act against him.
They can't sue the creator, but if they find ground they wouldn't go after that anyway, they'd go after the webhosts etc.

Montgomery

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Mar 21, 2014
I just have a quick question for you guys: Are any of you actually familiar with the people running this translation - aside from Skybladecloud who's the one behind the curtain, so to speak?

I just came back from Gamefaqs, and I have a helluva story to share on precisely who is running this show - plural, I guess.