Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
World’s 1st Global Launch of “FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0” Game with GS60 Red Edition.

Square Enix, famous Japan gaming company and MSI’s great partner, will work with MSI to have a global launch of their latest game FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 at MSI’s COMPUTEX booth. This game will be demonstrated on MSI GS60 Red version and GS70 Silver version. Both models are lightweight laptops with fancy color design and incredible gaming power.

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 brings an immersive world, memorable characters and the production value known of the series, together with high quality gameplay and storytelling truly worthy of the FINAL FANTASY name.

Step into the fray as Class Zero, a group of students from an elite military academy whose country is attacked by an aggressive neighboring Empire. In the brutal and harrowing struggle that follows, you must engage a range of powerful magical and combat abilities using a new and exciting battle system, to defeat the Empire and uncover the secrets behind the war.

Thanks to MSI.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Square Enix has confirmed Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to PC via Steam. No release date has been provided yet.

Square Enix has announced it will feature new graphical options for high-end PC users as well as improved battle and camera controls and Steam community features.
More information to follow soon!

I'm not surprised at all. The two major consoles are basically re-packaged PCs in terms of architecture, so there are no more hurdles for developers to port those games to PC. The words "only possible on <insert whatever console name you want>" have never felt so hollow.

The reason why I will still purchase that title on a console is because I want a copy on my shelf. It's kind of sad that big PC games don't come out as retail titles much more and if they do, they're usually tied to a service like Steam anyway. Not that I hate Steam or something of the sort, but others aren't so willing to shop there.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I´m calling it now, if they announce FFXV for PC and says it´ll be at 1080p , PC gamer will rage and make unnecesary internet rants for not having graphics that could justify their overpriced hardware.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
FFXV for PC will happen. Just not much to say right now cause it's not something that actually exists yet. But SE clearly wants PC to be another gaming platform where they put their big games on.

You're thinking as if FFXV for the PC (If it ever happens) will release a little after the console release. I was talking as if it will sell well when it's PC version (if it ever happens) release on the same day as the console version.

For Type-0 HD's PC sales..... I imagine it being tucked in deep within the Steam Store..... Or something along the lines of XIII's sales on PC.... Which I have no idea what it is.
All I said was that Type-0 has to meet expectations, gather profit, to justify further PC releases. It's not the sole determinant, but it's one of them. I don't see how my having an opinion on the timing of console/PC releases - or lack thereof, since I don't actually have one - has any bearing with this statement.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The battle system is the only thing that's good, the pacing and the storyline are horrible... A lot of the problems are because it was a PSP title, but a lot of it is just bad story writing.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I like the gameplay too but everything else was pretty forgettable.

And I'd like to know the person who thought it was a great idea to add motion blur when rotating the camera around. That's just bad game design. Shit like that can disorient some people and turn them away form the game without hesitation.