Final Fantasy VII Announced for PlayStation 4

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
No, those aren't the same at all. An announcement and an actual release aren't the same.
The point is that announcements were made at both events and showed us things we’ve seen before. In addition, the other point is that the execution and outcome of how information was share and presented and the negative reaction from the general public were pretty much similar to each other.

We can go into specifics and say how one announcement was for an upcoming reveal and the other for a game that will release very soon but that's not really the point. The key pieces may have changed but the plan and how it was executed remained the same.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
It doesn't make any sense for Toriyama to direct the FFVII remake. For a true FFVII remake, the important (or all) staff members who made the original JRPG must make a return like Kitase as the director, Sakaguchi as the producer, Uematsu as the composter etc.
I think Toriyama could direct the FFVII remake, the game story was already writen since 1997 and if you are worry abou the ""linearity"" ,he practice with the FFXIIsaga. Another candidates for director could be Yoshinori Kitase, Hajime Tabata, Tetsuya Nomura.
As for producer i don't mind so much but i think that Sakaguchi is not a must here, cause the role(what i know) of the producer is to look after the budget ,limiting or allowing the director to do certain thinks if it does high too much or not the budget.
The music, Uematsu only for remaking the ost but if for some reason they decide to make a whole a new ost i would like either Yoko Shimomura:drool: or Takeharu Ishimoto/Masashi Hamauzu(FFXIII ost was:drool:)
As for the battle system they could reuse the one used in the original game or they could make a new one although i would like that they stay away from traditional turn base, active time battle,conditional turn-base battle, active dimension battle or any battle system that follows the "wait X time to perform Y action"(i could accept magic actions as the exception but not the regular attacks) I would like more the real time battle from the online FF or FFXV.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
As for the battle system they could reuse the one used in the original game or they could make a new one although i would like that they stay away from traditional turn base, active time battle,conditional turn-base battle, active dimension battle or any battle system that follows the "wait X time to perform Y action"(i could accept magic actions as the exception but not the regular attacks) I would like more the real time battle from the online FF or FFXV.
What would be the whole point of a remake if they change the core gameplay and even worse, made it action...

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
If everything is being redesigned for the VII remake, I would like to see the original visionary of FFVII to do the job, not someone who gets the idea of what the game is like. Also, what good would Nomura be as director for the VII? He was the character designer for the game so it would make sense for him to reprise his role once again.

To get a true VII remake the fans wants and needs from SE, the important staff members must occupy their roles once more.
Kitase as the director or GTFO.
Well theres no telling if Kitase hasn't changed his original vision of FFVII as well as the fanbase has changed their vision of certain aspects of the original FFVII(at least thats what i usually see on the internet) for ex:
  • Some AC character design (or something close) or their Fanon version > Original FFVII design
  • Most would like cut down the crossdressing mission an others "ridiculous" things.
  • Revive Aerith>dead Aerith.

Last edited:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
If they want to do a proper remake and stay true to the game they released on PSX, then it needs to be like the Resident Evil remake. Practically the same game but with updated visuals. Needs to stay faithful to the original source and not see any major structural changes. If they pick this route, then I think anyone could take on the project cause all they would be doing is drastically updating the visuals without touching much of the groundwork that has already been established.

If they don’t, then I think whatever they come up with will end up being nothing more then an interpretation of the PSX game. Even if Kitase directs it. Major changes and adjustments will be made. Real-time backgrounds instead of pre-rendered ones is a pretty drastic change. Adding voice acting is going to really change the feel of things. They may revise a lot of things cause what worked back then doesn't work today. Probably inject and overdose on the Advent Children style of fighting too. If they go this route, then yeah, I'd want the original team involved.

Resident Evil remake did it right. The game still looks good to this very day and doesn’t feel outdated or anything. A perfect example of how you do a proper remake. This is what I would personally want too.