Final Fantasy XIII/XIII-2 retrospective trailer

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
The more I watched, the more convinced I became that this was half-informative and half-satirical. Especially this gem:

Love it. It's glorious. It's full of charm and I chuckled the way through it. They need to do more of this. I know they've used some All The Bravest sprites, and they've made new FFXIII-2 ones as well (Mog looking like he/she's the FFVI Mog though), which is more than enough to say that when it comes to pixel art and design, they still have it in them.

It just makes me wonder why the FFV and FFVI mobile ports have to feature those kind of plasticine, charmless sprites. And why Square isn't putting these sprite skills to good work on a good, original, smaller-scale spinoff FF game for handhelds and mobiles. If they ever choose to "demake" the Lightning trilogy like this, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. At the very least I want more of these cute video demakes. Someone should follow up with a FFX and X-2 retrospective demake video when the remaster is about to come out!

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
This was a pretty fantastic video. It's interesting to see where they reworked things, such as how characters meet or how they word plot information. It's unfortuante that the XIII-2 portion doesn't really do the game a lot of favors by losing so much of the nuance though. But as a synopsis form of both stories, this was a very charming production. I've always loved trying to imagine what the newer games are like compared to older games, because as this video shows, the series is very much alive in the newer games, just evolved. It's always been beyond me how people could think XIII 'isn't Final Fantasy'.