Final Fantasy XV Focuses on Brotherhood

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I never said he wouldn't have a good relationship with his father when grown up. I'm just saying theres no proof to say that it will be the same as when Noctis was a child.

If I were to theorize that the relationship between Noctis and his father Regis has been 'stale'; it could be that Noctis goes from being a cheerful person as a kid to a' 'cold' personality grown up.
After all, if 'supposedly' Noctis does have the same relationship with his father grown up, why did Square only show snippets of scenes between them when Noctis was a kid and not in the present time of the game?
Something must have happened during that time gap that caused Noctis to 'change' from a happy and cheerful kid, to a cold badass man.
Growing up will do that! He is not a kid anymore of course! He still can be close with his father, but yes he also might not be anymore. Also, you're forgetting the fact that they say that the Lucis loyalists have been suppressed... which means a few things.
1. Regis is dead
2. Regis is captured
3. Regis ran away to hide
So of course you will not see him with Noctis.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Ill have you know that not all people will be 'cold' and 'badass' when they grow up. I don't need to tell you a life lesson now. :p
I didn't say that at all though, I just meant that people change when they grow up. People don't act like happy go lucky kids their whole life, so a change of any sort is expected.

Also we don't know WHEN the Kingdom of Lucis have been attacked based on what we saw in the game. So that factor can't be the cause of Noctis becoming the way his personality is now.
Well, we do actually know that the invasion happens at the start of the game. However, again, this isn't attributing to his personality at all as you say, nor did I ever claim it to be. I brought it up because you mentioned "where is Regis", and that was my answer.

Furthermore, Noctis has experienced an accident when he was a child, giving him powers to see 'the light' that foreshadows a person's death. So that event caused him to act differently as time went on.
Possibly, yes, but it might just be natural for him to act the way he is. It's very typical of someone seemingly of his age to act the way Noctis is. I don't see it as any different than how a majority of people are.

Who knows, the footage shown at the E3 2013 when he was eating soup with Regis could be before or after the event, we just don't know. On a side note, it seem's Stella is familiar with Noctis' power since she asked him if he saw 'the light' in the E3 2013 trailer.
Yes, it is said that they both share the power, I'm interested to find out what it is exactly and what it's good for.

I wouldn't be surprised with his father being dead because he could play a key role in some sense e.g. him appearing in Noctis' hallucinations etc.
I remember one of the developers of XV said that in the E3 2013, it was a 'high-leveled Noctis', so possibly they were showing off what Noctis is capable of OR the trailer shows bits deep in the game.
Yes, I think it's very likely he is dead unfortunately, but we'll have to wait and see.

wmlk

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 5, 2014
It would be incredible if in the story Noctis could sense people around him dying, but no one else would. Having to deal with the fact that someone you love is going to die no matter what you do would be terrible.

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Assuming this near-death experience happened when he was a boy. Which begs the question, what became of Noctis' mother? The Lucius family is a royal family. We've seen the King and the prince, yet the queen is absent. In all the footage shown so far; even the dinner scene between little Noctis and king Regis we never see his mother.

Maybe this brush with death that brought about his supernatural ability resulted with his mother's death. Would be sad to loose a mother at such a young age. Could even give reason for his brash and rebellious demeanor. In place of a mother's nurture, he has the strict discipline of his father and Cor grooming him for future leadership. Not to mention the bad influences growing up with Prompto and Gladiolus haha.

Last edited:

somni

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 26, 2013
Depends on how they use it, though. I don't have much faith in Nomura and Nojima.
That's rather unfortunate. I feel some base that mainly from the way Nomura wrote for the KH series. Some writers have several styles of writing, or approaches to storytelling. KH has a very specific tone of weirdness and drama due to the inspiration being borrowed from Disney movies.

Disney cartoons tend to be very exaggerated and overbearingly sincere with their themes, to the point where it can come off cheesy. I feel the way Nomura approaches the series compliments that for the most part. I believe it was more intent than lack of skill. Not that it was flawless storytelling.

My point is I think Nomura isn't really a one note type of writer, and is capable of writing genuinely strong human characters. The plot itself is basic and believable enough to service strong character exploration without it becoming too convoluted. Although some bit of flair and melodrama can be expected, given the allusions to Shakespeare and the history of the FF series.

I feel he is writing with commitment to the "fatasy based on reality" theme in mind. And that it will influence his approach to storytelling for a more human, albeit dramatic FF story.

This isn't meant as a direct response to you BTW, just voicing my thoughts on that matter.

Last edited: