Final Fantasy XV is not planned to be released in segments!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
If anyone can recall my previous rant in a different topic I was concerned about this, but I am very pleased with Tabata's words. I strongly don't believe sequels for this type of series (FF, Tales, etc) should have sequels planned while the main title is still in development. So I'm relieved that the game will be released as a whole and not with a definite "To be continued" ending.

– When I spoke to Nomura previously, he had mentioned a plan to release FFXV in segments. Is that concept still progressing now?

Tabata: We do not currently plan on releasing in segments. As director that was something I was concerned with because I thought it was important to complete it as my own title.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2014/09/dengeki-final-fantasy-xv-type-0-hd-tgs-2014-interview

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
Other interesting tidbits from that article.

There is a world map, and you can go most places, but if it were a regular open world game, it’d be too free to build up that FF-esque drama. So it’s a very vast world, but important that you play a Final Fantasy there.
The return of the world map? Been absent since IX o.o

When you are separated from the car you can also summon it on the spot
NEW SUMMON CONFIRMED :kefkalol:

The main point isn’t to get feedback from the demo version, so much as it is just to show fans what it’s like in it’s current form.

Of course we plan to respond to the feedback we receive from those who play it to the best of our abilities.
I really like this new SE (in case they do respond to feedback). I can confirm this is true a lot of the time in the case of FFXIV: ARR.

I’m assuming that the actual game will take about 40 hours to clear, so comparing it in simple terms, the demo is about 1/40th of the actual game’s content. (Laughs)
Hype o.o :happymog:

To all those who are looking forward to the information shown at TGS and of course, those who are still uneasy about what they’ve seen, I think it’ll be best if you try the demo version out by all means.
Dat confidence.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
So it's one whole story. Okay then it's going to be very long because Nomura said he wanted sequels due to it being an epic, which was why it originally ended off at a climax with enough resolution to pick up where it left off like LOR. Instead it's all in one game. Well PS4/XB1 can handle it when they can handle Witcher 3.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Great So They will move onto FFXVI much faster a e3 2016 reveal is looking very possible with this game.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
No sequels, eh? This is actually welcome news. The sequels to mainline FF titles have felt wholly unnecessary for the most part.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
So it's one whole story. Okay then it's going to be very long because Nomura said he wanted sequels due to it being an epic, which was why it originally ended off at a climax with enough resolution to pick up where it left off like LOR. Instead it's all in one game. Well PS4/XB1 can handle it when they can handle Witcher 3.
? Nomura said that XV will finish its own story but he wants to tell more tales in the XV world iirc.

I read that segments thing as Tabata clearly having no desire to do a Kojima, and pull a Ground Zeroes, i.e. FFXV will come out as one package, and with no separate major story content, expansion or DLC of any description.

I don't think it explicitly rules out a full-fledged direct sequel, but his reply should provide assurance that the game will have a decent enough closure without treading FFXIII-2 territory. With how the project must have changed in these tumultuous last few years and the sales performances of the FFXIII sequels, one wonders whether they have the will to make any more direct sequels.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I don't think it explicitly rules out a full-fledged direct sequel, but his reply should provide assurance that the game will have a decent enough closure without treading FFXIII-2 territory. With how the project must have changed in these tumultuous last few years and the sales performances of the FFXIII sequels, one wonders whether they have the will to make any more direct sequels.
Interestingly, despite Nomura mentioning that sequel thing in E3, he backed down over it at Japan Expo sounding like "maybe not"
My guess is they'll wait to see XV's reception in sales, etc. Then go from there.

Jun 7, 2014
Poland
I once said that it's better if the sequels are planned so that we could avoid story-abominations like X-2 and (to a lesser extent) XIII-2. But if FFXV delivers us a complete story then it's even better.

But if this game sells well, I guarantee there will be many pointless sequels :kefkalol:

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I once said that it's better if the sequels are planned so that we could avoid story-abominations like X-2 and (to a lesser extent) XIII-2. But if FFXV delivers us a complete story then it's even better.

But if this game sells well, I guarantee there will be many pointless sequels :kefkalol:
Actually, not sure if many. They know how majority felt about the XIII trilogy and and XV trilogy would be no different. They have to handle releases properly and keep it to a minimum.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
? Nomura said that XV will finish its own story but he wants to tell more tales in the XV world iirc.
When I confirmed the shift to Final Fantasy XV, I said that I was concerned since it was different from previous numbered titles. It has action battles, not command battles, so even though it is going to do what is impossible in a numbered title, would that be alright? Since it was said that it wouldn’t be a problem, the objective hasn’t changed at all. But in the trailer it says, “A World of the Versus Epic”… implying that it was a piece of a larger epic. Final Fantasy XVwill come to a single climax, but as for the story, I plan to continue it.

When I’m working on something of this density, it becomes something extraordinarily grandiose. I had thought to cut down the volume and density, but if I did, then it wouldn’t be what I wanted it to become. Because of that, I’m considering the idea of a Final Fantasy XVcompilation to make it complete.

I’ll announce what form it’ll take early on, but since I don’t want to keep you all waiting a long time until the next thing comes out… Well, about this too, when we decided to switch to the next-gen system, we are also investigating online correspondence.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
When I confirmed the shift to Final Fantasy XV, I said that I was concerned since it was different from previous numbered titles. It has action battles, not command battles, so even though it is going to do what is impossible in a numbered title, would that be alright? Since it was said that it wouldn’t be a problem, the objective hasn’t changed at all. But in the trailer it says, “A World of the Versus Epic”… implying that it was a piece of a larger epic. Final Fantasy XVwill come to a single climax, but as for the story, I plan to continue it.

When I’m working on something of this density, it becomes something extraordinarily grandiose. I had thought to cut down the volume and density, but if I did, then it wouldn’t be what I wanted it to become. Because of that, I’m considering the idea of a Final Fantasy XVcompilation to make it complete.

I’ll announce what form it’ll take early on, but since I don’t want to keep you all waiting a long time until the next thing comes out… Well, about this too, when we decided to switch to the next-gen system, we are also investigating online correspondence.
It's right there in your post! unless you're agreeing with me, lol.

Sep 26, 2013
There is a world map, and you can go most places, but if it were a regular open world game, it’d be too free to build up that FF-esque drama. So it’s a very vast world, but important that you play a Final Fantasy there.
The return of the world map? Been absent since IX o.o
We've always known about a world map.

My question is will we still be able to fly airships over it or has that idea been scrapped?

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States

My question is will we still be able to fly airships over it or has that idea been scrapped?
Hey, I like said that too not to long ago. Hehehe! ^_^

It has actually been said since the Versus XIII days that there will be a world map, but I'm glad to be ensured that it's still there. Hopefully the airships are still a thing too! :)

1Truth2Lies

Sphere Hunter
Jul 3, 2014
London

That's what I want to know. With the way Tabata is placing emphasis of the car and even saying it acts like the airship in past mainline FF games, I really think the controllable airship has been scrapped. After all, it wouldn't be a road movie if you could fly through the air instead.

Sep 26, 2013
That's what I want to know. With the way Tabata is placing emphasis of the car and even saying it acts like the airship in past mainline FF games, I really think the controllable airship has been scrapped. After all, it wouldn't be a road movie if you could fly through the air instead.
That's true.

Another thing I wonder about are the "gimmicks" which is suppose to make the world more interactive. Wonder if those have taken a hit or not?