Final Fantasy XV Ring Magic Death Spell First Look

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Chocobocoholic

ShinRa SOLDIER
Mar 29, 2016
The death spell (I don't want to say magic and get scorned by that woman) is crazy overpowered! I guess it is for endgame though and it will make backtracking and completing quests easier.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I have a few observations to make about seeing the Death Spell in action. First off, I believe the way you use it is actually channeling the cast with the Attack button and using the left-analog stick in a specific direction to chose between various spells. The reason I say this, is if you look at the video in certain areas you will see the ring glow a blueish white color until Death starts casting and it turns into the purple red color. I believe that this is how you will get multiple spells out of the ring, similar to how holding backwards on a broadsword can use Tempest or Heavy Thrust on a spear.

Something else I noticed that I saw someone on Twitter point out as well, was Noctis did a creepy laugh at one point in the video while using Death. Not only that, it seems that while using death the edges of the screen have a creeping black effect and it starts to consume the corners. Not only that, but it stays after you use the Death spell as well. I wonder if this has something to do with the price you pay when using Death. Why else would they leave the dark edges of the screen after you use the spell? And, why would Noctis have a creepy laugh? The edges of the screen do seem to return to normal after you finish the battle you're in though.

Perhaps the Death spell has some negative effects over Noctis' consciousness and he can be consumed by darkness and maybe even resulting in a game over or some weird state?

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
What I don't understand is why they kept in the part where they accidentally go into the menu and show some end game weapons. Like...that seems to be before the actual video about Death starts, so why didn't they just cut the first like 10-15 seconds and upload that?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
What I don't understand is why they kept in the part where they accidentally go into the menu and show some end game weapons. Like...that seems to be before the actual video about Death starts, so why didn't they just cut the first like 10-15 seconds and upload that?
It's not accidental? They showed off normal combat for a second then decided okay let's just use Death. It was intentional. The video was scripted planned and edited, this wasn't some mistake that somehow made it into the video, lol.

DrBretto

Warrior of Light
Mar 18, 2016
It's not accidental? They showed off normal combat for a second then decided okay let's just use Death. It was intentional. The video was scripted planned and edited, this wasn't some mistake that somehow made it into the video, lol.
Yeah. They did the same thing on the wait mode trailer. It's for perspective. First, they show you Noctis fighting something and struggling with it, then show him equipping the ring and making it easy.

Bionicle8563

SOLDIER Second Class
May 25, 2016
Australia M8
Hmm yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess it also gives the perspective of it being late-end game because of the weapons being late-end game. I think it was just that the cut seemed a bit weird? Also maybe because I associated it with the chick saying "Umm can we please play the B-roll" during the segment which made it sound like it was not exactly meant to be there.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Hmm yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess it also gives the perspective of it being late-end game because of the weapons being late-end game. I think it was just that the cut seemed a bit weird? Also maybe because I associated it with the chick saying "Umm can we please play the B-roll" during the segment which made it sound like it was not exactly meant to be there.
She just didn't understand what was going on, that's all. She thought it was just normal gameplay or something. They even say "they are". This was cut into the video... it's not like they edited this footage on the fly at Twitch-con lol.