Final Fantasy XV: VJump Scan Shows an Action/Skill Window?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York

Recent scans from VJump show off variations of what we got in the last trailer from Jump Festa. One thing that wasn't in the Jump Festa trailer was the little window shown on the screenshot above Noctis holding the lance while charging forward.

I saw people talking about it on Twitter and wondered what it said, and I found that it says 螺旋突き.
螺旋 meaning "spiral" and 突き meaning "thrust". The various text around these images describe the idea of closing the distance with this attack and seems to be this weapon's special attack.

What does this remind you of...?

See how it reads "Lightning" at the top in a window. Looks a lot like this window we see in the screenshots in this scan, doesn't it?

The "Spiral Thrust" window shares the same UI style as the current UI in game, which means it's not just added on for the sake of the magazine, but actually looks like a feature yet to be demonstrated in video! I think it's a nice added feature to the battle system to really make it feel more like a Final Fantasy game, it will be fun to see your special attacks show up on screen like this. I'm sure they will do the same for your tandem attacks and other special actions as well.

I just figured I'd post about this, as I thought it was really interesting! I would have posted it in an existing thread, but there wasn't an active one that really would fit, and I didn't want to revive an old thread... So, please excuse me for creating an entire thread just for this.

Please let me know what you think about this if you have an opinion. :happyboko:

Nov 17, 2014
I think it's a nice added feature to the battle system to really make it feel more like a Final Fantasy game, it will be fun to see your special attacks show up on screen like this. I'm sure they will do the same for your tandem attacks and other special actions as well.
Now that's a feature I want to be added into the battle system. Being able to see the name of the special attack or magic (even if it's just for a split-second) before it happens is very 'Final Fantasy'-ish. Plus, it allows confirmation that you've activated the skill.

Last edited:

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
That is exactly why I like it! It's not so groundbreaking, but it's still a welcomed feature that I really enjoy!
Yes, me too. I also think if we can expect another Dissidia game to be made and Noctis or any other Final Fantasy XV cast appear it will use this action window we see here when they pull off their attacks, it's exciting! ^_^

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
it aesthetically makes the game look more FF. just like the hit numbers. i personally think its not needed, cluttering up the UI and HUD plus redundant since I already know that was the move I just selected. but its there for nostalgia with all the complaints about it not looking like your traditional FF

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
you sure? I can't remember having an option to turn the flying numbers or other UI stuff off.
Ah, I'm thinking of something else entirely now that I think about it, it was the help menu where you turn it off with Select or something.

I don't see the need to turn off these UI elements anyways.

Nov 17, 2014
The UI isn't even completed yet, there's going to be a lot more things on screen than we see now.
Less is more. If there are more display when in battle, that would just look more like an MMO. And though (I would assume)the UI won't be customisable like in MMOs, they should at least give the option of hiding certain displays. And I hope they would let us hide the HUD, and just bask in the scenery.
(drinks coffee) Ahhh...Life is good...

Last edited:

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Less is more. If there are more display when in battle, that would just look more like an MMO. And though (I would assume)the UI won't be customisable like in MMOs, they should at least give the option of hiding certain displays. And I hope they would let us hide the HUD, and just bask in the scenery.
(drinks coffee) Ahhh...Life is good...
Take a look at KH or Type-0, the UI will be like that. Not really cluttered. Having one small window show up at the top now and again isn't exactly MMO level UI.

Eliotlienthal

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 27, 2013
I noticed that on the scans, but at a first glance I thought it was something related to the magazine and not to the game's interface. I quite like it, as I like the numbers popping out when the characters attack (or get attacked). I think the UI is pretty important and I hope they keep it super simple and clean (sorry/not sorry for the pun). I got really annoyed with bad and complicated UI.