Final Fantasy XVI Discussions (TBA)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nova

Warrior of Light
Jul 14, 2015
Any reason why in particular?
Imo his skills feel more fit for managing Kingdom Hearts projects as a co-director for Nomura. Considering that the latter has been dependent of one since Birth by Sleep & onwards, which i have doubts will change in the future, Yasue being put in charge with a mainline FF would be too much i feel.

Thats not to say he's incompetent, though.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Naoki Yoshida has my utmost respect, FFXIV turned out to be one of my favorite experiences inside the franchise, thanks for his efforts to fix a sinking ship.

that seems like a FFXIV artwork, definitely the same artist imo. I think we can expect a medieval title.

T.O.T

Knight of Death
Feb 2, 2017
The thing that strikes me about this is that SQEX might be announcing this soon. I mean, if they can announce Nier Automata a year after beginning development, announcing something when they're actually pushing into main development would be an improvement.
I'd rather they just keep quiet on things until the game is close to going gold. Despite the criticism that SE has gotten in the past decade +, they still have a lot of clout. They know they can make the sales figures especially with their marketing timing being so poor in the past.

FFXIV Director Says Final Fantasy XVI Should Be “Straightforward Fantasy”
First, if you’re asking whether the Final Fantasy series will get another MMO soon, I think the chances are unlikely so long as Final Fantasy XIV is doing well. On that note, personally speaking, I’d like to see a Final Fantasy that is straightforward fantasy, one that doesn’t have much machinery, and with no mecha in it. After all, we’re having trouble with the Garlean Empire being too powerful. Ah, okay, that was a bad joke.
Blessed Yoshida, speaking the truth right here.

On an unrelated note, I'd like to see the game also pine more for a warmer, brighter and "poppier" colour palette. From what I've seen of XV (which I haven't played, so my impressions are limited to YT videos) and of the VII Remake, the games look kinda... cold and muted. Which I think is a shame.