How would you advertise FF15?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
How would you advertise FFXV? Would you do it big at a con or with a serious of commercials? Or would you put it on websites or is game mags?

I like to do things as big as possible when it's something I'm this hyped for!

*dead silence during a convention.... the room goes pitch black.... a voice is heard from an enormous speaker by a even bigger screen*
Noctis: Well then. I bet you thought you'd never see me again.
*A series of quick shots of the the cast, featuring new characters. Then show gameplay, new music, new towns and dungeons. More summons/monsters and then voices play, each from the cast but during battle scenes of the character talking. Even when villains speak, show shots of them attacking Noct.*
*Finally at the end of the of the trailer the release date is "written" on the ground in the game. It's formed by countless weapons Noct's group uses laid on the group like an SOS spelled with rocks on a deserted island.*
*the trailer ends and it only ran for 15mins*

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
Well I think the Square Enix marketing playbook has been pretty consistent for the last round of releases, but it's possible they'll change it up again in the 2 years before we see the game release.

Big promos at the various cons (E3, TGS, gamescon, PAX, Jump, SDCC), toy lines, weird 7-11 promotional stuff in Japan, advertisement on younger-skewing services (like MTV, or streaming services like Hulu).

And a song. Since the release of FF8, and even with X-2 and XIII-2, there has always been a song (though this didn't happen for Lightning Returns and the MMOs). I wonder which female pop artist they'll sign on board for FF15? Will they go for a Japanese artist with international appeal? Or perhaps someone like Leona Lewis again?

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Well I think it'd be funny and kind badass to poke fun at the long wait. Especially since heroes sometimes say that line. Sometimes even though '80s one-liners are considered corny, I like to use them anyway. Something corny at the moment can be cool in a nostalgic way down the line.

And a song. Since the release of FF8, and even with X-2 and XIII-2, there has always been a song (though this didn't happen for Lightning Returns and the MMOs). I wonder which female pop artist they'll sign on board for FF15?
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Aundréa_L._Hopkins
Aundrea Hopkins is doing Somnus, so maybe she may be the Leona Lewis of FF15.

Sep 26, 2013
Commercials with impressive set pieces and gobs of action-packed gameplay, to draw in the crowd that might not already be paying attention to this game. Showcase the fantastical elements the give FF its charm alongside the showpieces that will make uninitiated gamers think of Uncharted and God of War. Blow them away with visuals.

And for those long time fans watching with baited breath, show them those elements they've come to know and love, perhaps even long for. Summons, limit breaks, the world map, vehicles. All you really need to do to bring those people back is to show them what they've been missing for so long: Final Fantasy.