Import RPG's

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I would if I had the money, but I gather that it's very, very expensive. As much as I want games, I'll be patient and get it for something more affordable.

gaiages

:<
Site Staff
Sep 26, 2013
Florida
From Japan? No, mostly because I can't read/understand Japanese. I have imported a few RPGs from Europe though, namely the Special Editions of The 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre for the PSP.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I nearly imported KH2FM+ until I earned that I needed swap magic to actually play it. Sad sad day for me..thanks to SE though I might finally be able to play it.

BoN

Yevonite
Sep 26, 2013
Thailand
re-ffplanet.blogspot.com
Game shops in my country (Thailand) always import games from JP, NA, EU. So gamers in my country can buy any version that they want.

For me I always buy my favourtie game 2 version (JP, NA). But nowadays I don't have much time to play games as I had when i were in university. Now I have completed platinum trophy for KH -HD 1.5 ReMix- JP version, but i still haven't played US version for a single minute.

Ehren

The Sunflower Knight
Site Staff
Sep 17, 2013
Bethany, Oklahoma
I'm very seriously considering importing the Nordic Edition of Lightning Returns because of the MASSIVE amount of special costumes it comes with. Pre-ordering it gets you all seven Samurai outfits and the Cloud get-up, because Namco Bandai likes to stuff people's mouths with candy apparently. I also considered importing the Chinese version for the much more beautiful cover.

In the future I think I'm going to snag a PAL 3DS so I can import any other early-arrivers like Bravely Default.

I'm very seriously considering importing the Nordic Edition of Lightning Returns because of the MASSIVE amount of special costumes it comes with. Pre-ordering it gets you all seven Samurai outfits and the Cloud get-up, because Namco Bandai likes to stuff people's mouths with candy apparently. I also considered importing the Chinese version for the much more beautiful cover.

In the future I think I'm going to snag a PAL 3DS so I can import any other early-arrivers like Bravely Default.
I have a japanese 3ds for that reason

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
I imported Persona 3 around the time it came out. Never again will I do that. It's fine with games like Narutimate Hero, but for RPGs it's a nightmare.

Caius

Yevonite
Sep 29, 2013
Given other options of obtaining said games, I've never imported any game. However,

*quietly imports Nordic Version*

I also considered importing the chinese version because of the controller included with it. But I don't know how I'd get the money for that, but if I had money, I would totally do it.

Ciel

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 26, 2013
I import games from time to time, but only when there is no hope for them to come here like Yakuza 5. It has been awhile since I imported an actual RPG.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
I don't import many RPG's. Since I'm still not completely fluent in Japanese, playing an import RPG is more of a chore than fun. Last ones I imported were Last Ranker and Steins;Gate. I do import a lot of games in general, though. Mostly fighters, side-scrolling shooters and anything Evangelion or Initial D.

Keriaku

Balamb Garden Freshman
Oct 26, 2013
If I ever learn japanese fully, two RPGs I have my eye on playing one day are Beyond the Labyrinth and Tale of the Last Promise. I love the music for both and the concepts seem interesting.

I'm also interested in Mind=0, but I know less about that one.