Katsuhiro Harada Tells Fans to Band Together if you want a Xenosaga HD Collection

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 26, 2013
To Xenosaga fan community.

I do understand that you all are desiring "Xenosaga HD collection".
Also, I do appreciate all your passionate comments.
I do understand your feeling to "tweet every day until the day Xenosaga HD collection comes real".
However, what I need in order to achieve your dream, is not to have tweets from the "same person" sent to me every day.
It has been a long time since Xenosaga has been released.
It really brings back memories of those days they were developing the first Xenosaga staying up all night, when the TEKKEN Project was also staying up all night on the same floor at office.

A while back, triggered by the overseas version of Project X zone, I have conducted a research and calculated if there is a business chance for Xenosaga HD remaster.
It was a very simple research at that time. Yet, research does cost money.
And at that time, I was not able to seek business chance.
In other words, I was not able to find the necessary market size that will pay for the development fee needed to create the HD remaster.
Back then, the reactions on SNS and unique users were rather few in number.
It may be that I didn't work hard enough.
Measures such as kickstarters are as of last resort, and at any rate we will not have a chance of winning as it stands now. It will not gather people by crowdfunding without creating some kind of big movement to support it.
To be honest, I was about to give up and I'm troubled.

What I need, are the voices from many fans.
This is a little different from having "messages sent every day from the same person".
Although I do understand the deep love for the game, more than that, the cheers from as many "unique users" as possible is what is needed.

Digging further, I will not be able to believe comments like "I'll buy 100 copies!". Most companies will not believe in it.
It is not realistic for one person to tweet 100 times every day, or buy 100 copies alone.
It's more realistic if you bring 10 fans to the game (not to mention, it wouldn't mean anything by having the same person suddenly creating alternate accounts. I will be able to tell those).

What's important in these kinds of cases is the number of unique users.
It means more to have 100 people mentioning they want the game one time, rather than having one person repeating it 100 times.
A miracle would happen if several tens of thousands are gathered at the end.
Of course, involvement from the company is needed for this but...
Source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Even though I am a huge fan of the series I don't know if an HD release of the games would work that well. I would buy the crap out of it but it is kind of a niche title and it probably wouldn't make much money so I can see why they are dragging their feet. If it was more of a remake with improved consistency in the game system then maybe it would fare better, but that would require the original team and they're busy with new projects right now...

That and I don't really care about the games being HD... I want them portable so I can take them with me wherever. If only there was some way to release the games on PSN and make them Vita compatible. (Or 3DS port, but that seems like even more work and would be scaled down).

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I liked the idea, but I'm rather bummed out after seeing how many people bashed the game where I seen the news you posted (haven't actually checked the site you linked too but others and Facebook groups). But most I've seen was hate for the game and how they feel Xenoblade is better...

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Loved those games and xenoblade. But instead of a hd remastering I'd rather continue the story and find out what became of everyone and life after dealing with Whilhelm. Who they never really got to fight outright.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
^ I think they all wander space and die. The ending didn't leave a lot of options but it was reminiscent of the opening of Xenogears.

Personally I like to think of it as continuing on to Gears (or something like it). The main characters' stories have come to an end by Episode III so I don't think they could continue much further unless it fast-forwards hundreds or thousands of years (again... Gears). Pretty sure the original 6 planned games would have dropped Shion and co. by the 3rd or 4th installment.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
^ That's bleak, but I guess that's how it is. I would hope once they saw they couldn't find KOS-MOS they'd get help and use that help to find Lost Jerusalem (Earth). Life goes on though since Whilhelm didn't get his wish of the recurrence. Maybe it was suppose to lead into everyone's rebirth on the planet XENOGEARS takes place on. But if that's so, at least bring that game back in full-3D form. It was hard and overused multiple-boss battles with no save point, but it was a deep story. And these days only about 1 outta 20 games can make that claim, RPG or not. Xenoblade was deep too. Mad I don't have it anymore. But I wonder why they dropped the chance to go on with it but still did a spin-off to it that's not fully canon?