Next gen consoles

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Right now, only the PS4 since I got burned with the Xbox 360 hoping for more RPGs after Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. May still pick an Xbox One up later on since they did reverse their bad policies. However, since most Xbox One games are likely to come to PC like Titanfall, I'm not as inclined.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Always gonna be PS4, for me. Have it pre-ordered, but was more of a 'spur of the moment' kind of thing after Sony killed it with their announcements. Thinking properly, there's isn't much coming at launch or very soon after it that makes me think I should bother right away. But whether I cancel or not, it'll obviously be PS4 eventually.

Zack

Somniac
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 29, 2013
Always gonna be PS4, for me. Have it pre-ordered, but was more of a 'spur of the moment' kind of thing after Sony killed it with their announcements. Thinking properly, there's isn't much coming at launch or very soon after it that makes me think I should bother right away. But whether I cancel or not, it'll obviously be PS4 eventually.
Yeah, I was feeling that way pretty strongly recently. But then I figured, PS Plus members are getting DriveClub and Resogun (!!!) at launch for free, and that service has basically giving me a lot of games for very little a piece. That should keep me going for a good long while.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
Yeah, I was feeling that way pretty strongly recently. But then I figured, PS Plus members are getting DriveClub and Resogun (!!!) at launch for free, and that service has basically giving me a lot of games for very little a piece. That should keep me going for a good long while.
PS Plus was the thing I thought of that made me think I might stick with it, but I'm still not completely sure yet because I do have other things to finish. It's a tough one! Hopefully you can still download the PS4 PS Plus stuff from a PS3 so that it's in my downloads ready for when I do buy the console, like you can currently do with Vita stuff through PS3, etc.

I still have not bitten on PS Plus. Maybe I should?
Yes, you should. Granted, you've missed out on a lot of awesome free games, but there will obviously be more awesome free games to come. PS3 should still get a lot of sweet ones during the next year.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
I think I am just scared of the fee thing. I am not an mmo gamer because of it. I have to think about it but everyone raves positively.
Yeah, I've never been a fan of sub fees so I never bothered with MMOs, either. PS Plus is literally the first thing I've subbed to. So long as you understand what you're getting - that is, you're technically renting the games for as long as you're a member - then it's simply the best service in gaming, imo. But considering we'll all be members to play online on PS4, you'll have access to a lot of awesome games for many years. That said, I don't like to pay the RRP of it. I waited till there was an awesome £20 offer for 1 year of it a few months back, which is a bargain. Remains to be seen how many more bargains of Plus we'll get now that PS4 multiplayer requires it...

Yeah, I've never been a fan of sub fees so I never bothered with MMOs, either. PS Plus is literally the first thing I've subbed to. So long as you understand what you're getting - that is, you're technically renting the games for as long as you're a member - then it's simply the best service in gaming, imo. But considering we'll all be members to play online on PS4, you'll have access to a lot of awesome games for many years. That said, I don't like to pay the RRP of it. I waited till there was an awesome £20 offer for 1 year of it a few months back, which is a bargain. Remains to be seen how many more bargains of Plus we'll get now that PS4 multiplayer requires it...
Hey, hats of to Sony for making it worth it

RyoonZ

Balamb Garden Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
Indonesia
I would buy a WiiU when Bayonetta 2 or that MonolithSoft's game came out in English. The Xbox game I'm somewhat interested at are Crimson Dragon and D4 which may not convince me to get it. PS4 definitely getting it at launch if the price is $399 when converted in my currency. Currently it doesn't have many JRPGs announced for it yet but I can definitely see it as a JRPG machine just looking at the JRPGs that are announced for PS3.

Tsukiyomi

AVALANCHE Warrior
Sep 26, 2013
The basement
I'm not buying the PS4 until later, once the consesus is out and any major bugs are patch. I'll probably get it just to play Kingdom Hearts III to be honest.

Shinigami Frost

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Sep 28, 2013
KY, USA
I'll be getting a Playtation 4. Will also get a extra DualShock 4, the charging stand, Killzone: Shadowfall, Watch Dogs and Knack. Very, very excited. :) Already preordered at Amazon and paid off with gift cards.

Will get a Wii U when X, SMT x FE, Super Smash Bros., or The Legend of Zelda Wii U come out. Any one of them will push me over. I'll also get ZombiU, Nintendoland and Wind Waker HD at that time.

I will not get an Xbox One...with a Kinect....probably. I love Halo, but their recent image and cockiness have really turned me off. I get all consoles eventually....so it is inevitable. Sunset Overdrive and D4 look great as well.

Had a 3DS but sold it. Didn't play it enough. Haven't really had time for portables since Pokemon R/B/Y. Kind of want an XL lol.

No Vita yet. Even though I have a lot of games from PS Plus.

Chaos

PSICOM Soldier
Sep 27, 2013
Oregon
chaos1950.tumblr.com
I'll be getting a PS4 eventually, not at launch because I don't have the money at the moment. At first I was planning to eventually buy a XB1 once the price dropped, but when they came out with all their policies and mandatory kinect it really turned me off of the product, especially since I really only own a 360 for the Halo series. I live in a small town in Oregon and we only get DSL, sometimes our internet isn't reliable and having to "check in" when I might not be able to would have been terrible. Also I do a lot of my gaming offline, I just prefer it.

They have reversed all their policies though which in my opinion is good, but I still won't be picking one up unless I can buy it used/refurbished without the kinect. While I understand that it does serve functions besides just motion games I know that it's primary function is for those kind of games, games that I don't buy because of an incident I had happen to me when I was 17. I won't go into too much detail, but I've got bad legs, walk with a cane, and some days I can barely move or walk. So because of all that I don't play dancing/motion games and don't like the idea of being forced to buy a device, especially if my only use for it would be saying "Xbox Off" so I could play more PS4 games.

Also I wasn't that big of a fan of Halo 4, they mad the multiplayer too CoD like for my taste. If Halo 5 multiplayer is more of the same then I probably will be passing on XB1 all together.

Bayonetta 2 makes me want to get a Wii U, but to be honest I know very little about the system and if it's still all motion'ish or whatever you want to call it then again I'll probably pass. I really should read up on it, but I got all these lazies.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I'm going to get both, but at launch I'm going to go against the grain of the rest of this thread - I'm going to be picking up an Xbox One. (In truth, I'm getting both on launch day as I need 'em for work, but if I was only buying one, it'd be the Xbox right now.)

The PS4 is actually the console that I want more and the one that I think will come out of the generation on top, the better machine - but at launch the games available just don't interest me. On the Xbox there's three things I know I want absolutely - Dead Rising 3 (series fan), Killer Instinct (big fighting game nut, so the first one of the new gen is a must for me) and Forza 5 (I love my proper racers, and while I'll also be getting GT5 in December I also am very excited for this.) The PS4 has definitely got the tech and will have the games a little further down the line, but none of those launch games really excite me. I was really bummed out by Knack in particular, as I thought that looked fascinating, but then I played the most mind-numbing, boring 40 minute demo with a 15-20fps frame rate. I'm still gutted about it, really.

I think this is a case in general for me; I'll take Halo over Killzone any day, and so on and so forth. Sony is doing amazing work with indies and has the better machine, but until we get some stuff from Santa Monica or Naughty Dog especially or until the third parties understand the hardware to the point of getting decent parity with the PC I'm more interested in what Microsoft's in-house stuff is offering. So I think initially I'll be on the Xbox, and will transfer to the PS4 more fully as games start hitting in earnest, especially the stuff from 3rd parties in Japan.

With the confirmation that Watch Dogs is only running on 30fps on both consoles with the PC version able to reach 60 on good enough hardware, I'll be getting games like Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed and Battlefield there. I'm not interested in COD. Titanfall is a must-have, and the best pre-release game I've played in years - but again, I'll wait and see how the Xbox One version of that shakes down first, as that might again be a PC scenario. Unlike Battlefield, it has that sort of COD feel that's designed around a console, though.