Nova Crystallis not archiving

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

SonOfEtro

Warrior of Light
May 2, 2016
I'm new here, so I don't know whether this is the right place to post this, but I've been seeing something odd going on. I'm an avid archivist of online sources due to their potential ephemeral nature. When I've tried to archive Nova pages in the past few days, they either haven't loaded or redicted to the main page. I've seen something similar with GameSpot as a safety measure to prevent malicious sharks from using copies of their site to commit their various cyber-scams. I was wondering if this was a similar safety measure, and whether an exception could be made for Wayback and WebCite.

Oh, and sorry if I tagged this wrong. Like I said, I'm new here.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Hello.

To answer your question - yes, this is intentional for now. We had an issue where someone cloned the entire site down to the layout using crawler methods and had to put up some measures to prevent them from continuing to do so before it got out of hand. We weren't sure what their intentions were but their foreign domain registrations and attempts to hide their information came off as malicious so we're keeping these security measures in place for the time being.

Hope that helps.