Persona 5 Discussion Thread (Spoiler Tagged)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I plan on playing P4 after this. If the pacing for this is considered "better paced", I can't even begin to imagine how slow P4 will be. Heard nothing but good things about it so it should be alright after awhile.
As far as plot progression goes, both P4 & P5 are the same, the difference is that the first 4 hours of P5 has more "gameplay/freedom to play around" segments than the first 4 hours of P4.

I roughly calculated that out the first 4 hours of P5, you "play" around 45-50 minutes.
In Persona 4 I roughly calculated that out of the first 4 hours you "play" like 10-15 minutes.

Back to P5.

What's the recommended LV to clear...
Kamoshida's Palace?

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
What are people's thoughts on the soundtrack so far?

Really digging the acid jazz music. Layer Cake is such a groovy track.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
What are people's thoughts on the soundtrack so far?

Really digging the acid jazz music. Layer Cake is such a groovy track.
I like some of the tracks, like boss battle theme and Kaneshiro vault theme, but mostly OST is not very memorable for me.
They really should make more than 1 battle theme.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
70 hours in and I think I just reached the halfway mark.

This be the longest game I've ever played. Main stories never took this long for me but I'm really liking it so far so it's good.

10 hours in the game and my progress...
Cleared the palace and made Kamoshida confess his crimes.
I think it took me the same amount of time to get up to there as well.

Good arc.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
My Phantom Thieves group name:
= Akatsuki = dawn; daybreak
What did you name yours?

My current progess in the game:
  1. Recruited Yusuke.
  2. Everyone is LV.18
  3. Secured the safe route in Madarame's palace .
  4. I have yet to send the calling card.
  5. I have 16 days until the deadline (currently on 5/18)
  6. Still have enough resources to grind for one more level.
I think I am in a good spot.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
I'm highly uncreative when it comes to names so I just left it at default and moved on quickly. Otherwise I would've went back and forth being indecisive about what name to choose.

Yeah your progress is fine.

Any standout characters for you so far?

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Any standout characters for you so far?
Yusuke. For me he's an Ok character (so far) but what makes him stand out for me is how his VA delivers the lines, I can't explain it, other than it's pretty endearing for me.

Just cleared the second palace and made the culprit confess.

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Yusuke. For me he's an Ok character (so far) but what makes him stand out for me is how his VA delivers the lines, I can't explain it, other than it's pretty endearing for me.

Just cleared the second palace and made the culprit confess.
I felt Yusuke was ok too when I first met him. Now he's one of my favourites.

Did you know that Yusuke's VA is Matthew Mercer? Aka Cor Leonis? xD

It's funny since they both wield Katana's. Can't take Cor seriously anymore since I know he's Yusuke now lol. Oh some of the things he says...

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I have a suspicion that Goro's VA is Robbie Daymond, at times I can hear his performance being a slightly tone down version of Prompto.

1. Makoto joined the Phantom Thieves.
  2. Tackling Kaneshiro's palace the inmediately the day after it's avaialable.
  3. Everyone is level 21, I suspect the minimum recommended lv must 25.

I'm liking the game quite a lot but I would like the game threw some curveballs in the story and dungeons.

Last edited:

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
Goro's VA is Robbie Daymond.

All I hear is Prompto whenever he turns up and Cor whenever Yusuke speaks lol

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
Secured the route for palace 3 and with 17 days lefts with everyone lv 26, I'm doing pretty well. Fighting the palace final boss is the only thing left.

Is lv26 enough or should I spend 1 extra day grinding?

Jubileus

Warrior of Light
Oct 7, 2016
What mode are you playing on? Normal? Easy?

Lvl26 sounds about right to me. You're not under, or over, leveled. Although I will admit that the enemies in the final part of Palace 3 are good for grinding.

Slaintimez

Keyblade Master
Sep 9, 2016
Friendly advice to change on hard. Normal in this game really dumbed down, and game became a cakewalk at some point. You will have great satisfaction by beating bosses from 4th palace onward i swear. It needs to be expirienced on hard, imo. I personally gonna play NG+ on merciless, because once i acquired strong personas i always been in full control of battle flow and situation, and didn't really have troubles, except when i randomly got caught by enemies.

very little persona spoiler:
Raphael with charge and sword dance IS SO FUN, i like this move.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
I personally play normal mode (or its equivalent in other games) during my first run with higher difficulties reserved for either NG+ or self imposed challenges.

BTW an advice, I recommend registering the custom personas that the strenght confidant ask you to fuse. That way during your NG+, you will have an easier time levelling up that confidant by just buying them instead of wasting slots in collecting the needed personas and wasting more than needed money.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
I'm about 40 hours in and in the middle of the 4th dungeon. So far, the game is great. I like the characters, but I have to say I like P4's characters a lot more. These are... I dunno, too inoffensive? Their personalities are too bland for my tastes. The party in P4 was absolutely hilarious. Also, the music in P4 was better. Though I like quite a lot the Boss fight theme, it absolutely rocks.