Persona 5 Gameplay Trailer

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fin

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I managed to catch the end of the concert stream where they showed this. Looks incredible.

As excited as I am about Xenoblade X, I feel like this could be the game of the year. It definitely wins in the style category. Persona games (and Catherine) have always had the greatest thematic visual/UI design I've seen in video games. Best use of color.

And one of the party members is a cat. That automatically puts it a level above most other RPGs.

Nov 17, 2014
*Mascot: ✓ (this time, it's a feline)
*Riding the train: ✓
*Igor: ✓(with twin assistants)
*Teacher throwing a chalk at you: ✓
*Over-styled menu: ✓
*Platforming: ✓
*Cover system: ✓
*Vincent (from Catherine): ✓
* All-Out Attack: ✓
*Widening eyes before transforming into something fiery: ✓

Last edited:

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Awesome. I really need this game if it's anything like P4. But what's up with those ridiculous pants? They look like they are wearing pajamas or something like that. Anyways, I'm super excited for it.

Vaiyoretto

Balamb Garden Freshman
May 26, 2014
I really like the twins in the Velvet Prison and the menus.
I also want dual audio since MC will be voiced by JunJun, but that is probably not gonna happen...

Fin

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
*Mascot: ✓ (this time, it's a feline)
*Riding the train: ✓
*Igor: ✓(with twin assistants)
*Over-styled menu: ✓
*Platforming: ✓
*Cover system: ✓
*Vincent (from Catherine): ✓
* All-Out Attack: ✓
*Widening eyes before transforming into something fiery: ✓
Everyone keeps saying Vincent is in it but I never noticed that. I think I saw the Stray Sheep logo at the Shibuya Station bit but that's it...

May 26, 2014
Well that was glorious. This is one of my most anticipated games, but I bet it'll get pushed back to 2016 for other regions outside Japan.

Everyone keeps saying Vincent is in it but I never noticed that. I think I saw the Stray Sheep logo at the Shibuya Station bit but that's it...
I think people are just referencing how the MC looks a lot like Vincent here.

Other things of note:
- It looks like S.Link/Community has been replaced by something called Cooperation. Probably some sort of evolved system.
- You can use melee and ranged weapons. Apparently this is a returning feature from Persona 2 (and 1?), not sure on that as I've only played 3 and 4. Also interesting to note that it might only be the main character who can use both melee and ranged, since we don't see anyone else's menu.
- Cover system looks pretty cool, can only speculate on what purpose it serves/how it works. Looks like there might be some platforming too?
- The weather system or something like it is back.
- Looks like you visit dungeons at night like in Persona 3.

Also,
Instant 10/10 lol

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
Now that's strange. Maybe he's crazy.
If you've seen that trailer & compare how he acts between his normal life in society (like school & the mall) & when he's on the 'battlefield', you could justify that "maybe" could be "is" thus; He is crazy.

And it's still unannounced for the EU...~.~
It'll happen, you know that.