Poll: What makes you buy Final Fantasy Type-0 HD?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Nov 17, 2014
I was really hyped that FF Type-0 HD will have a Western release (and an HD remaster to boot) way before the demo was announced. Now that hype is cloaked by the hype I got from the demo. Imagine FF Type-0 HD is a cupcake, and the demo is a very thick chocolate filling. The filling is so thick that you get to enjoy it more than the cupcake itself. But I still wanted to taste the cupcake more than the filling. You get my gist? That's how I feel about this predicament.

Shin Kazama

Sphere Hunter
UFFSite Veteran
Oct 30, 2013
Episode Duscae is a nice bonus, but I would easily still buy Type-0 without it. I'm looking forward to it because it's a highly praised FF title that actually breaks the mold of FF titles. I also want to support it because I'd like to see more good games get localized.

Speaking of which, I got the e-mail yesterday saying my pre-order for the Collector's Edition was charged. HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! Won't be long now. I also ordered the hardcover guide yesterday. Yes, I'm really doing it up for this game, heh.

Kagari

神羅カンパニー社長
Administrator
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
United States
www.novacrystallis.com
Type-0 alone is well worth playing. It irritates me that Square can't even talk about the game without bringing up FFXV along with it at this point. Let Type-0 breathe on its own for once.

I guess it's tough to market a game like that to the general Western audience. Not speaking on behalf of others, but a few people I've talked to have said things like, "It looks good. But it's a PSP game." I suppose it's a barrier that rings true to an extent. There's so little you can do to convince someone to try, let alone buy, something seemingly outdated at this point apart from offering something that fits within the generation's current standards (i.e. the XV demo).

Sep 26, 2013
Type-0 alone is well worth playing. It irritates me that Square can't even talk about the game without bringing up FFXV along with it at this point. Let Type-0 breathe on its own for once.
To be fair the demo is a huge selling point and to enthusiasts who would have purchased Type-0 anyway the game is an almost completely known quantity.

Jenova

Keyblade Master
Oct 28, 2013
Mainly for Type-0. I thoroughly enjoyed the game on the PSP and wanted to experience it again on the PS4 with the improved visuals. Episode Duscae is just the icing on the cake.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I think I kinda implied it already but I probably should've worded the question a little more specific. What makes you buy Final Fantasy 0-HD on day one ( and full price) ?

Last edited:

poedameron

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 22, 2015
I've been excited to play Type-0 for years, and never thought it would come to the states. Therefore the HD version announcement at E3 last year was the biggest surprise of the entire show for me. The FFXV demo has no impact on the purchasing decision; it was going to happen regardless. But for real the fact that it comes with a demo for FFXV is awesome.

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I bought Type-0 because I want Type-0, not because of FFXV at all. I don't generally like demos, as it is often too short or just doesn't represent the game well. Many times I even got disappointed from the demo and became not interested in a game until after it gets released.