PROJECT PHOENIX

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
http://projectphoenix.info/
I WANT THIS GAME.
Who's with me?
The people behind it come from all over. Different cultures, different ideas. This could be really good. I feel like everyone's included in this, and that's a good thing. More ideas, hearts, and minds going in something can keep things from becoming stale and repetitive. So far the lore and overall story seem dark and serious, but still with cool anime style character. What I've always wanted.

Joshua

Sphere Hunter
Oct 7, 2013
California
I did the Kickstarter and the amount of updates has slowed down as of late.

Here's what they wrote:

I want to sincerely apologize for our lack of communication over the past few months. We have not lived up to the standards that we set ourselves at the beginning of this project.

The truth is that our online presence has been suffering due to us losing Public Relations key personnel. We are committed to creating the powerhouse game we envisioned from the start and unfortunately had to allocate most of our resources to development tasks.

In February we found out that I would be deploying for six months, which came as a bit of a surprise to all of us, as I've spent almost all of the last five years outside of the United States. I immediately began training replacements, hoping to focus on my intended job of Assistant Producer upon my return. As it turned out, our web designer was offered a major position at Google, our Community Manager was forced to withdraw from the project due to health concerns, and I was shipped off to the Pacific.

In order to return to a more engaging and transparent project, we have given more priority to maintaining our social media presence and responding to emails. Chris Nguyen, our Public Relations / Marketing Lead, will be taking the lead on responding to emails and comments, until we can find a more permanent replacement. He has assured me that he does not have plans to join any multi-billion dollar companies or take ill until the project is finished ;)

Although we have not met our original goal to deliver the first build by May, development of the game has not slowed. We expect to have the first build ready for Developer backers this July.

Our art, model, and story teams have made significant progress into the later acts of the game, providing us with quite a lot of content to share. As such, we will be resuming weekly updates (to begin this Monday), and posting more exclusive content on the forums. We've got some big updates coming down the pipe in the next few weeks, stay tuned!

Thank you all,

Cronus

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I check the site from time to time, but since they said it won't be till mid-2016 I'm not worrying about it. I want it, but not as bad as the main RPGs I play. Indie games.... I've been giving them a try, but I guess with lower funding (by comparison) they make shorter games. I've yet to see a sweet anime-style RPG that was indie and 50+ hours. I hope this is. I want this game bad. I can't stress it enough. I just hope I don't suck at it. The way the talk about it sounds like it plays like FF12 Revenant Wings.

EDIT: Unsung Story?