PULSE POUNDING!

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you miss Action Cartoons shows?

• MEH, I'M TOO OLD TO CARE ABOUT ACTION SHOWS, ANIME OR AMERICAN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, I DON'T MISS THEM, THEY WEREN'T THAT BIG A DEAL FOR ME

• NO, I DON'T MIND THEM BEING GONE, MORE ACTION SHOWS WILL COME ONE DAY

• Total voters

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
Remember X-Men in the 90s on FoxKids? That theme is my text ringtone!
Remember Batman the animated series? Remember the first time Superman met Darksied in the Superman animated series?
What about Justice League? JL Unlimited? Or the more recent Young Justice?

Good times right? I LOVE action cartoons. Especially since I can't afford to buy lots of comic issues or manga. So I try to watch anime and action cartoons whenever I can. There used to be no shortage of them. And you could have a hard time seeing them all without missing one (some would come on the same time).

But since Cartoon Network and most other channels no longer let action cartoons last more than 2-3 seasons now (or only bring them out to promote a movie...) all we can really do is feel nostalgic and then sadness as we think back on these good ol' days. I know there are sites you can find the old shows and watch them for free, but I just miss waking up in my preteens and eating pancakes with too much syrup and watch Wolverine claw his way up the back of a Sentinel.

Let's all list our favorite action shows (anime, superhero, any of them)! For my list I'll list if they're cancelled or still running too.

Avatar the last Air Bender (finished)
Legend of Korra (still going, one of the last surviving non-movie endorsing series)
Batman the Animated Series (finished)
Superman the Animated Series (finished)
Justice League (finished)
Justice League Unlimited (cancelled)
Thundercats (2011 remake, cancelled)
Young Justice (cancelled)
Dan Vs. (cancelled, not an action show, but a funny sitcom about hair-brain schemes and anger management)
Generator Rex (skip the comedy episode and this shows gets badass real fast, cancelled)
Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (cancelled, this was swept aside for Avengers Assemble which is mostly a show to keep hype for the movies alive over the years, though both are decent)
Tron Uprising (cancelled)
Motorcity (cancelled)
Fullmetal Alchemist/ FMA Brotherhood (finished)
Outlaw Star (finished)
Gundam 00
8th MS Team
Batman Beyond (cancelled, finish is some episodes in JL Unlimited)
Cowboy Beebop

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Heh. I remember The Adventures of Batman and Robin on Fox. That was a good show. Even own the SNES game too.

The 1987 TMNT cartoon show was fucking sweet. Cowabunga! :cool:

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
Nickelodeon was pretty good in the early 90's. Ren and Stempy and Salute your Shorts(not a cartoon) were great shows.

Watched a ton of Warner Bros. cartoons too. Looney Toons, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs and Freakazoid! come to mind.

For Disney, there was Darkwing Duck, Goof Troops, Duck Tails, Tailspin and probably a few others I can't remember.

I remember shows like Samurai Pizza Cat and Sailor Moon airing early in the morning. Yeah, they were showing Sailor Moon before they brought it over to Cartoon Network.

Cartoon Network came around and pretty much started watching that station more often. Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo, Reboot...

Man there was a lot of stuff. I have faint memory of seeing a few Voltron episodes. Remember Captain N: The Game Master, Sonic the Hedgehog, Captain Planet, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show...

Damn... I watched a ton of cartoons back in the day.

KOKAYI5

Knight of Death
May 28, 2014
VIRGINIA
www.behance.net
I remember Samurai Pizza Cats. Looking back they play fast and lose with the plot and dialogue of that show. Guido actually said "I'm aroused!" My parents made me stop watching after that. I was a preteen back then.