Quad9Dyne

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Frei

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 29, 2013
So I don't know how many of you were members of UFF's little enclave called Quad9Dyne, and maybe I missed a memo, but it's no longer extant. It's been dead for weeks and that usually signals bad news.

Does anyone know anything and/or have contact details for Kuro?

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I last talked to Kuro on livejournal... I can't remember when, exactly, but I think it was sometime in 2010 or possibly after that, no later than 2011. And I know Quad9Dyne forums were still around ~2 years ago because I checked on it. I remember Kuro posted on the UFFSite forums occasionally around that time too.

No idea what's happened in between then and now, though, sorry. I'm a bad detective. Sometimes domain names expire and you just don't feel like keeping up with it anymore.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The Quad9Dyne.com domain was renewed as recently as July, so they're evidently still around. I think they both still work in the games industry. Admittedly, not everybody is as persistent against death as Mike & I...

Blank!

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
UFFSite Veteran
Jul 24, 2015
It's been ages. I'll send Roy (Akiross) an email and let him and Kuro (Michelle) know about this thread. ^^

Wow, this site is honestly one of the last remains of the Q9D/Ear-Tweak world that seemed so huge 10 years ago. Somehow I started thinking about it today and felt like looking up the forums. Was definitely surprised to see it has damn near been erased from the net. Then I came across this:

https:// encyclopediadramatica.se/Kurohime

Also came across random threads referencing Kuro's deviantart works being stolen/reproduced; I'm guessing that's where that hate-bio fits in. Pretty awful thing to do...

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Ha, well, it's one of those weird things... the lineage of this site is that it's from UFF9 (Later UFFSite) - Kuro was one of the mods on our boards, and then when we switched focus to general FF she set up Q9D as an FF9-specific place. UFFSite trundles on, and we hooked up with Nova Crystallis to create Mognet together as a new forum destination. So we're still standing!

Tarri

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Aug 17, 2016
New Zealand
Are we talking about old faces?
Can I pipe up?
Because I was on the UFF9 site, and then the UFF site, and my name was Tarrier.
I come back, my account seems to be gone, so... I guess I started over? xD

I'm also trying to see if I can find everyone I used to talk to!
And... @APZonerunner - that is a name that seems familiar... :p