SCEJA Sony Press Conference (September 2014)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
Of course I had to be trolled by the Square-Enix logo when it came up.

I'm not too mad. I had little expectations for this anyway. I don't predict the actual TGS week to be much better either.

Oh well, I'm off to catch my flight to Hong Kong soon. See you around, everyone.
But hey we got Dragon Quest! Right?

Fleur

Knight of Death
But hey we got Dragon Quest! Right?
Indeed. A good sign too that DQXI will eventually hit the PS4.

I don't sound too enthused at the moment, because I never asked for a Dragon Quest Musou game, but I concede that I am curiously intrigued enough to give it a shot if the chance arises. I'll need to play through Hyrule Warriors first though.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I think it was fine in terms of content. Nothing to really be upset about.

I do have a concern however. A lot of cross-generation titles. I don't see a title like Persona 5 helping the PS4 much when there are 10 million Japanese PS3 owners who can just save $400 and just get the PS3 version instead. It'd help if titles like this were PS4 exclusive as it'd be a pretty good incentive for Japanese gamers to upgrade.

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
I think you underestimate just how big Dragon Quest is in Japan. Even a spin off like this is a big deal over there.
I know it's a HUGE franchise in Japan, but spin-offs of any kind usually sell less than numbered titles. However, given that this is probably the first DQ title the PS is getting in ages, and it's gonna be released for PS3 and 4, I don't doubt it's going to sell A LOT.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
I think it was fine in terms of content. Nothing to really be upset about.

I do have a concern however. A lot of cross-generation titles. I don't see a title like Persona 5 helping the PS4 much when there are 10 million Japanese PS3 owners who can just save $400 and just get the PS3 version instead. It'd help if titles like this were PS4 exclusive as it'd be a pretty good incentive for Japanese gamers to upgrade.
At least Atlus is thinking of their international fans who have moved on from the PS3.
That last section.... I have said this before. :p
Either way, everybody wins.
Usually its the latest platform that will provide the better experience in terms of running the games and visuals despite having the same content. That will probably make the JP PS3 users to move on to the PS4 for all we know.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
If I recall correctly, I don't think people saw the FFXV gameplay trailer at E3 coming. It caught many off guard and was quite the surprise.

But many knew that the game would be at E3 and knew about the name change for probably a good month or so.

#TeamXV ;)

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
If I recall correctly, I don't think people saw the FFXV gameplay trailer at E3 coming. It caught many off guard and was quite the surprise.

But many knew that the game would be at E3 and knew about the name change for probably a good month or so.

#TeamXV ;)
Oh man I want to feel that feeling again.
The surprise, the reactions. Oh man.
I shouted so much, that I woke up everyone in the house xD
This video reaction was the best hands down.

*EDIT* Headphone users beware. Recommend to lower volume :)

Last edited: