SEGA's first step to get back on it's feet?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
Just recently, there's been articles of SEGA planning and starting to 'port high quality' PC ports of their old games.

An interesting section of Chief Executive of SEGA Haruki Satomi, making this statement:

I've been talking to employees about how [Sega] should start putting serious consideration into quality from this point on,.
Particularly in North America and Europe, where it's always been more of a focus on schedules ... I believe that if we can't maintain quality, it would be better to not release anything at all.
Sega in the '90s was known for its brand, but after that, we've lost trust, and we're left with nothing but reputation ... We'd like to win back the trust and become a brand once again.
The fans and many others have been saying something like to SEGA for a long time and now someone from the company finally thinks the same way.

Do you think SEGA has a chance in redeeming themselves? It's not much but I think it's a start.

For more on the article:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-planning-string-of-high-quality-pc-ports-of-o/1100-6431226/

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
The final quote you posted was said before TGS, it was followed by they had plans to make a big announcement at the event if they can. I am not certain if this was it but I assume it was the Yakuza 6. I hope they get back on track, it's crazy to think how much they have fallen.