Should we avoid the new FFXV trailers

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

llazy77

Warrior of Light
May 27, 2014
Recently with type 0 square showed trailers which spoiled major parts of the story. My question is should we go on a media blackout for this game starting with gamescom because of squares current track record of spoiling major things in thire trailers. And I also fear as the game inches closer too release we will get scans and videos spoiling almost everything in the game. So that nothing will be a Suprise come release day. Heck they showed all of episode Duscae before release. So should are you going to go on a media blackout or are you going to trust square that they will not reveal the whole game through trailers and scans and view all the new content that comes out?

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Assuming you're talking about FFXV.

I personally have been avoiding trailers for FFXV. As a matter of fact, I have Type-0 and I gave me episode Duscae code to my friend as I am not planning to spoil the game. I find many demos and trailer actually made me anticipate the actual game less (ie: Ni no Kuni's demo was not good, but I thoroughly enjoyed the game).

Obviously this is a personal choice, but if you really want to enjoy the game fully, avoid as much as you can.

Oct 19, 2013
Gamescom trailer will probably be the last one I watch. I just want to see one meaty story trailer again after E3 '13 to see more of the other characters (especially the black-haired woman, Cor or Luna).

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
If you're that scared, then you should probably just get off the Internet until the game is in your hands.

Best way to avoid spoilers.

CRIMSON-XIII

Balamb Garden Freshman
Jun 9, 2015
i have a feeling they are going to reveal the FF15 intro, they showed a picture last month about a tease of whats to come at gamescon, and it showed a young child noctis with his father being hugged as his father held the iconic sword.

i suspect theyll reveal the full ff15 intro, 7-10 min or however long it is, just like they revealed ff11s, 12s, 13s, 14s,

i personally cant wait. they wont spoil the game.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I don't care if I don't know that I was spoiled. It only annoys me when some people always try to warn me that a trailer has spoilers in it.
100% this. I hate when people are like OMG DONT LOOK THIS IS A SPOILER FOR THE END OF THE GAME... bitch I wouldn't know that if you didn't tell me.

Flash Over

Chocobo Knight
Mar 7, 2015
NL, Canada
Type-0's trailers had spoilers because it was a game that had technically been released before, and all of it's major trailers were made in Japan. It's no different than the FFX/X-2 HD trailers.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
At least with SE, even if they do show key plot points in promotional videos, at least they don't tell us how those scenes fit in the overall narrative. Therefore, as Infest, LeonBlade, and Lumina have stated, the scenes are not technically major spoilers that would detract from the experience of playing the game.

What would be a spoiler is something like, "Noctis dies." If SE do end up showing a scene where Noctis supposedly dies, then we can assume that he survives somehow later on, otherwise that'd be a huge spoiler (read: letdown). LOL Something that obnoxious could only be forgiven if a certain other character then becomes playable.

Oct 19, 2013
At least with SE, even if they do show key plot points in promotional videos, at least they don't tell us how those scenes fit in the overall narrative. Therefore, as Infest, LeonBlade, and Lumina have stated, the scenes are not technically major spoilers that would detract from the experience of playing the game.

What would be a spoiler is something like, "Noctis dies." If SE do end up showing a scene where Noctis supposedly dies, then we can assume that he survives somehow later on, otherwise that'd be a huge spoiler (read: letdown). LOL Something that obnoxious could only be forgiven if a certain other character then becomes playable.
Well:

:p

buddhafied

Sphere Hunter
Sep 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
100% this. I hate when people are like OMG DONT LOOK THIS IS A SPOILER FOR THE END OF THE GAME... bitch I wouldn't know that if you didn't tell me.
Agree with this. I never have problem watching things I don't know it's actually a spoiler. I also don't analysis each scene of a trailer and memorize them like a lot of other people do. By the time the game comes out, I don't remember anything I watched during the trailer except for some visuals usually.