Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018 Livestream (June 11) - Your Thoughts

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
1525929672673.png

Official website (includes countdown timer): https://e3.square-enix-games.com/en-us/
Summarised info: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2018/05/square-enix-e3-2018-showcase-set-june-11/

Looks like we'll be getting a bucket load of news and announcements from Square Enix this coming E3. Although not much else was provided, what's definite is that the livestream will essentially act as a press conference for the company to show off their line-up titles for this year's event.

I'm personally excited since we'll most likely be getting more coverage on Kingdom Hearts III, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and more. I'm also hoping for any news and footage of a CERTAIN REMAKE, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Are you guys looking forward to it? What do you hope to see from Square Enix at E3 2018?

Also, the promotional image's background looks interesting; lots of wears and tears, but thankfully no rust (otherwise that'd be a real waste)... Hmmmm....

Last edited:

AnGer-dono

SOLDIER Second Class
Dec 27, 2014
Germany
What do you hope to see from Square Enix at E3 2018?
In terms of presentation, maybe "less cringe"? Last year's stream wasn't very good to be honest and I feel like they could improve.

So let's talk games and I will go in order of personal interest from most to least.

1. Octopath Traveler* will definitely reveal the names and Field Actions of the last two characters (the female magician and the black-haired young man with the books), probably also going to see some new details on gameplay.
  2. SaGa Scarlet Grace: Hiiro no Yabou is said to have an English translation in the works and I hope we'll be getting to sneak a peek at some English footage unless Square Enix wants to mess around and not reveal the western version until after the game launched in Japan; also I imagine the game being just called SaGa Scarlet Grace in the West.
  3. Dragon Quest XI will certainly be there, and I think they really need to market this game as good as they can; I'm also hoping that the Switch version will make its debut there and then and maybe, just maybe, there's a tiny sliver of hope for people still wanting to play the 3DS version in the West.
  4. The World Ends With You: Final Remix* ought to be shown again and maybe we'll be getting a timeframe for when it launches, though I do not imagine it will come out until 2019.
  5. Starting with announcements for new games I'd like to see, maybe they should get a new Valkyrie Profile going; yes, I backed Indivisible and I'm super excited for it, but a new "proper" VP game would be great too.
  6. In the same vein, I'd love for them to get Yasumi Matsuno back for another Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre game or Final Fantasy Tactics II, maybe with a playstyle similar to the likes of XCOM/Valkyria Chronicles?
  7. Let's jump on the retro train for a bit as well and here I am seriously hoping for them to bring compilations of the Quintet games (ActRaiser I & II, SoulBlazer, Terranigma and Illusion of Gaia/Time), the Lufia series (unless they are still stuck in copyright limbo) and the OG SaGa trilogy (also referred to as Final Fantasy Legend).
  8. Getting back in time to more recent material, Dragon Quest Builders II will very likely be there; not sure about it though, didn't really like the original very much, so I need to see whether or not they improved some gameplay knickknacks like teleportation and storage.
  9. And Kingdom Hearts III will probably get a proper date.
*I have to point out that either of these two games will be more likely to be shown at Nintendo's Direct the day after, but I'm putting them here seeing as they are Square Enix games. Though they should promote them themselves, too, y'know?

Last edited: