Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, PS3/PS4, 2/25/16 JP/2016 West

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
According to leaks of the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, the Star Ocean franchise is about to be revived with it's 5th entry. It's in development by tri-Ace and published by Square Enix for PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 3.

Hiroshi Ogawa is the game's Director while Shuichi Kobayashi is serving as Producer. Character designs are being handled by Akira “Akiman” Yasuda and the Lead Programmer is Yoshiharu Gotanda.

Last edited:

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
OH PLEASE OH GOD OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEOH PLEASE OH GOD OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEOH PLEASE OH GOD OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE............

LET THIS BE TRUE.

EDIT:

CHANGE THIS THREAD NAME. STAR OCEAN 5 HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.
Already did. :p

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Some of the city shots look awesome, never played a Star Ocean game before, looking forward to where this goes. I think putting it on PS3 for development is kind of stupid but oh well.

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
I asked Dan Seto, Square Enix Japan Community Manager at Square Enix Europe if Star Ocean 5 is releasing worldwide this was his response.

The announcement was for the Japanese version and a Western release is still to be determined I'm afraid

Fear not though, only two Star Ocean games were not released worldwide and these were on the Super Famicom and GBC.

Zero

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
It's cool that the PS3 is still getting new games. Almost every time I go into GameStop the clerk is telling some poor schmo that they should trade in their PS3 for a PS4 because in three months (or something like that) no new games will come to PS3, heh. All the while I'm just browsing and laughing to myself at how shady that is, and feeling sorry for the misinformed customer. Sometimes I just wanna butt in and ask him: Well, if the PS3 is gonna be so worthless in a few months why do you guys wanna buy it? Stop acting like you're doing the customer a favor.

Anyway, yeah, I like that people who don't have a PS4 yet will get to play it. I remember when The Last Hope was a 360 exclusive, along with many other JRPGs, and PS3 barely had any. Now, SO5 is PlayStation exclusive and the PS3 is like the PS2 in terms of Japanese titles. Funny how things change over time.