And of course Kingdom Hearts fanboys/girls will argue with this but remember you're a fanboy/girl you understand the series and have been there since most likely the PS2 days. Someone coming into the franchise now will be completely lost.
And then yes, there has been HD collections but they have been handled shockingly.
- Firstly, all 3 developed by the KH3 team thus delaying KH3 which has been in development since 2010. There was 67 members of the KH3 team working on 2.5. And the Osaka studio doesn't exactly have 200 people there.
- First two are PS3 exclusive despite Square Enix having the PS4 dev kits months before 1.5 was even announced.
- 1.5 can't be on Xbox platforms due to an exclusivity contract surrounding Square games prior to the merger but there is zero excuses for 2.5 & 2.8 to not be available on Xbox platforms.
- Also those 358/2 Days and Re:coded movies were shockingly bad.
- And a movie based off a mobile game port of a web browser game? What the heck?