This party is getting crazy ! - Dante is here :)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Sep 30, 2015
Hi everyone, I just joined this site after being a yearlong reader of Novacrystallis (best source for everything FF in my opinion) and thought it´s best if I introduce myself properly.

I am 32 years old and have been a big Final Fantasy fan since 1999 (my first game was FF VII but it wasn´t until FF VIII that I became such a huge FF fan, which is why VIII holds a very special place in my heart. Though today I consider FF VII the superior game and I think that as a game FF IX is by far the best FF of the PSOne era). Final Fantasy X is the game I fell most in love with, which until this day is not only my most favorite game of all time but also the game closest to my heart.

However even though I am a huge FF fan and do consider myself both a veteran and pro of the series, I am not nor have I ever been a RPG fan or would even remotely call myself an RPG expert. In fact FF is the only RPG I play (I tried a few famous others over the years but they just could not captivate me and I realized its FF I love, not the RPG genre per se. FF just has something special about it that none of the others can give me).

Apart from FF I am mostly an action/adventure fan with emphasis on fantasy, adventure and horror. I am a huge Resident Evil fan since 1998 (my most favorite series after Final Fantasy) and especially love 3D slash action games such as the God of War saga and (as my username clearly indicates) especially the original Devil May Cry series (not the reboot though. That ain´t DMC for me). I am also a big Tomb Raider fan since 1998 (and unlike with DMC I really love the reboot in this case).

But what I am probably most known for among those who know me is my love for the superhero genre. I have collected Marvel and DC comics since I was nine years old.

Today I have probably a collection of over 5000 comic books and hundreds of collected editions and paperbacks. Quite frankly it´s what I spend most of my money (that I have available for my hobbies) on. I have subscribed to a number of ongoing Marvel and DC titles such as X-Men, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Avengers, Justice League, Darth Vader (Marvel is currently publishing Star Wars comics), Arkham Knight or Injustice. I am also a lifelong Joss Whedon and especially Buffy fan so I also collect the Buffy comics series that officially continued the TV shows.

Needless to say that I am a huge, huge fan of the Batman Arkham gaming series.

I am also a huge fan of several TV shows. Most of them are genre shows such as Arrow, Flash, Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, Smallville, Supernatural, Firefly, Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Game of Thrones and of course Buffy and Angel but I am also a big fan of Castle. Suffice it to say during TV season I have something new to watch almost every night (Though I don´t watch them live, I download them from legal platforms the day after).

And last but not least I am also a big movie fan which ranges from horror (mostly slasher and splatter with emphasis on the big horror franchises such as Halloween and Friday the 13th) to straight up action (Die Hard, Rambo, Fast and Furious etc.), thriller, drama and scifi. Of course my greatest passion are superhero films (particularly the Marvel Cinematic Universe, X-Men and the new DC films) along with Star Wars (which I have a been HUGE fan of since 1997 and which is pretty much my most favorite fantasy/scifi franchise of all time).

So yeah all in all games, comics, TV and movies (along with music) are the passions that I live for. But to defy the cliche of the lonely comic nerd for a moment here, I am also married to a most amazing, passionate and understanding wife, who of course will always be my first love and priority in life. But she actually shares my love and passion for many of these things so that always worked out pretty well and there has never been a "Wife vs hobbies" conflict for me. I guess I lucked out there.

Anyway glad to finally be here and hope it will be a great time and experience with fellow fans :)

Last edited:

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Hey man! Welcome to Mognet. :D I think you'll find yourself in pretty good company here as far as your stated tastes! Might even find via osmosis the Mognet crowd can introduce you to some more RPGs you might like...! :happymog: