Trophies and you at Launch

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Hey folks! I just wanted to take a moment to point you all to this page, which is a list of the basic trophies we've launched with here on Mognet Central.

The Trophy System here isn't dissimilar to Xbox Live Achievements or PSN Trophies - every trophy you earn will gain you points. More difficult to attain trophies are worth more points.

What do points get you? Right now, they propel you up the forum ladder ranking. The little text below your name, that for most of you might say you're a Lurker or a Yevonite or something? That's directly linked to your trophy points. The more points you have, the higher up the ranking you'll go, and the more awesome an FF title you'll get your hands on. Things like SOLDIER, 1st Class and Warrior of Light aren't even attainable yet, but as we add more trophies you'll have more ways to get better titles.

We've got plenty of really cool and off-the-wall ideas for trophies, so they won't all just be related to posting and filling out your profile!

Trophy Points will be used for more than just titles, and we have some pretty cool things in store for this. Having more points will open up more options for you on the boards as we install more ways to interact, so they're worth chasing! You'll have to wait and see what they're going to be. Down the line, we may even use Trophy Points to determine winners of real-world prizes.

An Exclusive Trophy Up for Grabs
One thing we're going to be doing is adding exclusive, hand-picked trophies for special occasions. One exists already, awarded only to those who used to be active on the old-school UFFSite forums (hey guys!) back in the mid 2000s. Beyond that, we're also going to be doing stuff on the boards like mini-quizzes and competitions to give out one-off trophies and things.

Right now, though, I'm preparing to add an exclusive trophy to the boards, and it'll be for referral. If you can drag a friend to the boards, get them active and then get them to Private Message me letting me know you got them to join up once they themselves rack up a decent number of posts (let's say a good 20), I'll award both parties a trophy - one for the referrer, and one for the referee. These will be exclusives only dished out in this beta phase of the boards!

In general, we'd really appreciate it if you could help spread the word to your FF, Square & RPG-loving friends to help make Mognet a success. It's very early days yet and we know we're not massively feature-rich, but we're hoping to turn this into a really special community.

Zero

ShinRa SOLDIER
UFFSite Veteran
Do you know what we did to people who speak in third person in the forum I've come from?

We treat them as spambots.

Then we ban them.

Probability of them being an actual spambot was 50/50 though.
Scary. Zero is shaking on his boots. Honestly speaking, however, that's quite ignorant.
How did you all rate games there, by their covers?

What's your point, or do you even have one?

Last edited:
Nooooooo, noooo. I don't like forums as big as they are. I like my small, closely-knit communities. xD

Although I do occasionally lurk on NeoGAF for the occasional meltdowns, megaton reactions, Duckroll troll news threads, and random off-topic things. GameFAQs is only good for walkthroughs.

No, I've come from a small little Final Fantasy fansite that's well, seen better days.

/we are totally off-topic now, hahaha.

Sep 26, 2013
One last post and I'm done being off-topic, swear.
I used to be on a forum about a year ago that was pretty restrictive. It was aimed towards FFXIII fans only and in trying to make it like a safe haven the site owner just kind of lashed out at anyone who didn't like the games. I thought that was what you were talking about.
I gotta know man. What forum would that be?