What is a game you liked at first, but over time liked it less?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lulcielid

Warrior of Light
Oct 9, 2014
Argentina
For me that would be Metal Gear Solid 4, at first I was so engaged with it due to the story and how it wrapped up years of loose ends and plot points + the stealth gameplay.

Years went by and I started to see (many) holes within the game, Now I don´t like how MGS4 prioritize story to a fault, there´re long cutscene sequences with short gameplay segments (there´s a point in the game where you´re watching 1hs and 30m of cutscene non-stop followed by at most 10 minutes of gameplay that´s then interrupted by another minutes of cutscenes, it´s insane!!!! Doesn´t help that the game has over 9 hours of cutscenes.
The long sequence of cutscene also hindered the flow of the game a lot, there´re many examples of the above throught the whole run of the game.

What´s the game you liked at first but you started to like it less overtime?

The GemiKnight

Clan Centurio Member
Nov 11, 2016
Durban, South Africa
I would have to say the GTA and Dragon Age series. Both are successful franchises and I enjoyed the first time I played those games. But, over time they just no longer appealed to my personal gameplay preferences.

Guitar (pseudo)God

Blitzball Champion
Aug 14, 2016
All over
I'll qualify these answers -- these are recent games where my initial impressions didn't equate to my final ones. None of these games are what I'd consider *bad*; it's just they didn't resonate with me the way they initially appeared.

Fallout 4 - I could write a book here.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Ditto.
Dragon Quest XI - It's the most accessible DQ game, and the localization is top-tier, but the scenario is nowhere near the series' heights.
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Great intro, some absolutely fantastic puzzles and bosses marred by a TON of filler. For me, the story wasn't nearly as good as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

For games I liked years and years ago, yet I don't really enjoy now --

Xenogears - Make no mistake, it was a revolutionary title when it was released. But replaying it, I was amused by the amount of freshman-level philosopher gumbo. And RPG game mechanics have evolved so far since it was released.

avensis

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Jan 5, 2019
For me it's GTA, I had a good time of course, but certainly not as much as I was predicted, the game quickly becomes boring.

Last edited by a moderator: