What's the best option for Dirge of Cerberus' future?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's the best option for Dirge of Cerberus' future?

• Digital only HD remaster.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HD remaster with Crisis Core.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • PS2 Classic.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Something else?

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Sora96

Warrior of Light
Nov 12, 2014
Australia
kh13.com
Whatever your opinion is on this game it remains canon and produced by Kitase. So the debate comes. Do Kitase & Hashimoto get a studio to remaster it for a digital-only release on PS4 and maybe PS Vita & PS3? Or do they get Tabata and do a double remaster with Crisis Core? Or do they simply release it for emulation via PS2 Classics?

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
Mystic Quest did much worse. I rest my case.
That's not really an argument... Mystic Quest was Square's attempt to popularize JRPGs in the West by dumbing down every aspect of the game while introducing core RPG mechanics in order for players to get a grasp of the JRPG feel without overwhelming them. The game did poorly because it was... just a bad game overall... for reasons that don't have anything to do with the story, but the actual concept and execution of the game itself, along with the game mechanics as well of course.

Dirge of Cerberus did bad because it was a terrible story with terrible characters and terrible gameplay riding on the success and popularity of Final Fantasy's biggest hit, Final Fantasy VII. Created as a spin off title set several years before the events of VII, this game was supposed to delve into the backstory behind Vincent as well as several areas within Shina.

Unfortunately, the game introduced a lot of nonsensical plot along side of it, along with some of the worst character design I've ever seen in a video game appropriately named for their poor design with uninspired names such as "Azul the Cerulean" (Blue the Blue) and "Rosso the Crimson" (Red the Red) and the like.

Just take a look at "Nero the Sable" (Black the Black) and try to explain what the fuck is going on here...

Yeah... He's in a straightjacket... thing with... a wing made of weird metal blade things? Oh! And there's guns or something attached to them... and he has bandages over his face... and weird straps connecting his legs. Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking. Pretty sure Nomura made these designs, these have got to be his worst designs yet.

Anyways, I could go on about the poor gameplay and delve deeper into the story, but I think you get my point here... the game sucked and did poorly for a reason. Bringing up Mystic Quest in relation makes no sense at all, so I'd like to hear what your case is for it.

Everyone has their own opinion of course, but personally I find the game to be complete trash and not even worthy of an HD Remake. This is coming from someone who's favorite Final Fantasy game is VII, so it's not like I'm against the idea of spin off titles, it was just... bad... There are a few redeeming qualities about the game, but none of them justifying picking up the game.

I voted "Something else?", and that something else meaning "never touch again even in a million years".

Edit: Let me just amend to this that my response isn't completely directed at you by the way, Sora. Most of this is just my response to the thread itself. It's interesting that you brought up Dirge of Cerberus, I'd really like to hear what people have to say about it. I know you think I hate you, so I just wanted to clear that up at the end here. I like the thread, I just don't like this game.

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
I was talking about all the ports in general. Like believe it or not, but plenty of people wanted XIII on PC. I'm thinking PS2 Classic anyway.
I know that you were talking about the ports in general but I gave my answer to the topic. ;)
The demand for a mainline FF especially XIII on PC isn't suprising at all btw.

Because we aren't discussing any potential follow ups.
Suggesting a HD remaster or PS2 classics release of the game is suggesting a follow-up.

Noun: follow-up
1. An activity that continues something that has already begun or that repeats something that has already been done.
2. A subsequent examination of a patient for the purpose of monitoring earlier treatment.
3. A piece of work that exploits or builds on earlier work.

Hence, this topic is about a follow-up and we are discussing follow-ups. Some people want follow-ups, some people don't. I believe the poll should factor in those things if it's supposed to represent the opinion of the community, unless bias was the goal in the first place.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Yeah... He's in a straightjacket... thing with... a wing made of weird metal blade things? Oh! And there's guns or something attached to them... and he has bandages over his face... and weird straps connecting his legs. Yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking. Pretty sure Nomura made these designs, these have got to be his worst designs yet.
That kid from Tactics A2 (I think it's him?) is way worse, though. So bad it's laughable.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I know there is demand.
I just wish there wasn't.
In some ways, these remasters can be a good thing. Take for example KH1.5 and 2.5 HD for the KH series. There is currently no other way of playing the Final Mix versions of these games without having to play the Japanese version, unless you want to download the game illegally and emulate it, or burn it on a DVD and play it on a modded console.

Personally, I still would like to see XII HD remaster to fill out the rest of the series, it was underrated I think among fans due to its radical change in gameplay, and the game already looks fantastic upscaled in an emulator without doing anything to the textures. The game would look and run amazingly with little effort on next-gen consoles.

Personally, I don't have a problem with HD ports so much, but it kind of bothered me that I got X/X-2 HD on PS3 and they just released it on PS4 later... I wish they would have just fucking said they were going to put it on PS4 and I would have got it on PS4.

That kid from Tactics A2 (I think it's him?) is way worse, though. So bad it's laughable.
I'm not familiar, but if that's true... I don't think I want to look.