Which summon will be in the XV Episode Duscae demo?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Prince Naphtali

ShinRa SOLDIER
Dec 23, 2013
Definitely not shiva, that's for sure. I Don't think it's ifrit either. I think it's one that little significance. If you pause it right it has a helmet of gold i think, i think it's Odin.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I do not recognize it in any way. The summon has some form of long sleeves around its arm, long nails and something flapping at the side of their head that looks like it could be organic to its being like an ear or some other body part. It could just be part of a hood from their cloak however.

I really have no good guesses...

Infest

Blitzball Champion
Sep 8, 2014
Germany
Ifrit would suprise me, the hands look to human to be him. (edit: just looked up some Ifrit pics and his hands are surprisingly human, never actually noticed this in all these years lol)

My guess is still a giant Ramuh 'cause the hand ( and its color) looks like it's a hand from an old guy. I don't see any chance for Shiva here.

Last edited:

Bazztek

Keyblade Master
May 26, 2014
If you mean that he'll be in the final version of the game, it's anybody's guess but that'd be awesome seeing a sage like figure in the game. If you're guessing based on the recent trailer footage...... I mean that can also be a possibility as well.

I'm not sure if they're making some Summons bigger in size than previous games but if they are, that'd be so badass. Ramuh was my initial option but what prevented me deciding to pick him was in terms of his size....
I'm thinking that the summons in this aren't following the sizes of previous iterations of them, but that instead the size of a summon in XV is indicative of how powerful they are, so the bigger they are the stronger they are, which goes in line with what was previous said in regards to the summon ranking system.

So if it is Ramuh he could be that big if we go by that.

Also Ramuh has been big in previous games too tho, he's not always regular people size, in FF13 the Ramuh seen in that was massive with a normal person standing on Ramuh's hand, even if only in a cutscene for like 5 seconds, and the Ramuh in FF14 is big too.

I was originally thinking Shiva but I'm leaning more to Ramuh, and there was also that short fire thing shot just after that, I actually think that was a meteorite coming down through the clouds and the thing sticking out of it could be Ramuh's staff, and there was what looked like electricity sparks going off around it, maybe the summons or at least just some of the summons landed on the planet via meteor, that might explain why the Titan looked to have part of the astral shard impaled through its body.

Sep 26, 2013
The frozen astral shard in the demo trailer combined with the slenderness of the hand and its color makes me think it's Shiva. I'd love to be wrong about this though, as I was hoping that Shiva and the summon in the demo would be smaller in size and reconfirm varying "tiers" of summons as Nomura mentioned in the past. I could potentially see Ifrit as Kagari is guessing, however. You can see a glimpse of something through the summon's fingers that looks like it might be a horn if it isn't a mantle of some sort. Then there's of course the strange magical scene seen directly after the hand reaches for Noctis, and that's definitely very fire-based.

Still, I'll stick with Shiva for now. The hand is relatively delicate-looking and while it does have long nails they aren't sharp like I might expect Ifrit's to be. Fingers crossed that they'll reveal summons of varying size and lesser summons at some point in the future. Probably too much to hope for a glimpse of that in Duscae, I feel very fortunate they included summoning at all.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
The frozen astral shard in the demo trailer combined with the slenderness of the hand and its color makes me think it's Shiva. I'd love to be wrong about this though, as I was hoping that Shiva and the summon in the demo would be smaller in size and reconfirm varying "tiers" of summons as Nomura mentioned in the past. I could potentially see Ifrit as Kagari is guessing, however. You can see a glimpse of something through the summon's fingers that looks like it might be a horn if it isn't a mantle of some sort. Then there's of course the strange magical scene seen directly after the hand reaches for Noctis, and that's definitely very fire-based.

Still, I'll stick with Shiva for now. The hand is relatively delicate-looking and while it does have long nails they aren't sharp like I might expect Ifrit's to be. Fingers crossed that they'll reveal summons of varying size and lesser summons at some point in the future. Probably too much to hope for a glimpse of that in Duscae, I feel very fortunate they included summoning at all.
That was NOT the hand of a slender female.

I'm leaning towards Ramuh.

Nov 17, 2014
If only Ramuh is just twice the size of the characters in FFXV, and not the Titan-ic size. Just imagine Ramuh wielding a giant swoird-like lightning in a diminutive size. He'll be like an old, powerful sage like Tellah. Imagine that!
And I also prefer that all summons shouldn't all have the same size. Being summon doesn't necessarily mean they're huge.

Storm

Warrior of Light
Oct 26, 2013
Switzerland
Now that I think about it, all the summons revealed so far (except Leviathan) are close to the Astral Shards, and they said summons are tied to celestial powers.

I wonder if a god (Etro maybe) is sending this shards, since summons are "protectors of the planet".

Based on what I observed on the summon from the recent Duscae trailer, the 'blue' colors it has could be a redesign on Ifrit.
I only came to this assumption because the huge hand has long nails like Ifrit and the 'blue' could symbolize the color of his flame, you know as to try something new because why not?

OR It's Shiva. Blue coloured cloak (I think), human like hands & long nails.

It could be a totally new Summon or just a summon I just forgot of or never heard of.

Overall, my money is on Shiva.
I'm doubling that on Carbuncle. There's a reason why they avoided the forehead in that shot. :p

CelShadedDreams

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Feb 14, 2015
UK
There's that bit with a frozen train carriage going around too so I'm jumping on the Shiva band wagon.

That or maybe Garuda, Siren or Carbuncle. I'd be happy with any of them to be honest!