Who is your favorite (non-generic) lead character from the main titles?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who is your favorite lead character from the main titles?

• Total voters

masterlobo

Red Wings Commander
Oct 23, 2013
By generic I mean FF1, FF3, FF11 and FF14's main characters which all are a character you create yourself.

I know we could consider Luneth from the remake of FF3 but the poll won't let me add more choices (also for this same reason we'll have to leave Noctis out of the poll).

Finally...I know FF6 and FF12 both have a debatable lead characters, but let's leave it like Dissidia.

calliopium

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 26, 2013
Oh man this was a really tough choice! I ended up going with Zidane because while I love Lightning a whole lot, Zidane is my favourite of the PS1 era protagonists and that's where most of my nostalgia is, hahaha. Lightning is a close second, though, with Terra and Squall tied for third.

Oct 5, 2013
I think Lightning gets a lot of hate or things like 'she's as expressive as cardboard'

And that's just...downright wrong. Maybe you don't like her character or whatever, but that doesn't account for reality.

What I like the most about her story and character is that she's not a full-on hero that has saved the world and all has gone well. Not at all. She's a young person tied to the whims of a dying world, trying her best with whatever she's given.

That's the main difference between her and other heroes. In most hero journeys, we know they'll triumph in the end. Lighting hasn't gotten her happy ending.

I think that's what makes her strong/a favorite in my books. We've seen her fail. The world in XIII isn't a fairy tale world where the heroes always win. The possibility of failure is very real and present in the saga. Other stories told imply that all is at stake and can be lost. Lightning has already lost not once, but twice now.

But she's not giving up.

I know some people might roll their eyes at my post. But I just like the XIII series for what it is *shrugs*

vagrant_soul

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Oct 5, 2013
1. Squall- How the fuck you tell a friend/instructor to go talk to a wall when she needed someone to talk to:D
2. Light- I love pink hair girls and tsunderes
3. Soft spot for perverts with monkey tail, plus his brother wears a thongo_O

Leon Aether

ShinRa SOLDIER
Sep 26, 2013
Corfu, Greece
I mean hell, I think Sephiroth's a cool guy and all, but how some fans worship him as some god of video game antagonists is just beyond me. Doesn't mean I hate his character because he's "popular," or that he immediately gains respect just because he's a fan favorite.
I think Sephiroth is just another common villain, compared to Caius. And yeah... I consider Caius as the antagonist god of video games. Just because he is neither "cool" nor does he have any cliche reasons to destroy the world (like I want power, I want to be a god etc.)...

I think Lightning gets a lot of hate or things like 'she's as expressive as cardboard'

And that's just...downright wrong. Maybe you don't like her character or whatever, but that doesn't account for reality.

What I like the most about her story and character is that she's not a full-on hero that has saved the world and all has gone well. Not at all. She's a young person tied to the whims of a dying world, trying her best with whatever she's given.

That's the main difference between her and other heroes. In most hero journeys, we know they'll triumph in the end. Lighting hasn't gotten her happy ending.

I think that's what makes her strong/a favorite in my books. We've seen her fail. The world in XIII isn't a fairy tale world where the heroes always win. The possibility of failure is very real and present in the saga. Other stories told imply that all is at stake and can be lost. Lightning has already lost not once, but twice now.

But she's not giving up.

I know some people might roll their eyes at my post. But I just like the XIII series for what it is *shrugs*
Your comment can make a Lightning fan shed tears... Astonishing!