Why is FFX so good?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Valefor@SF

Stiltzkin's Apprentice
Without commenting on these factors:

1. Story
2. Music
3. Visuals aka GRAPHICS
4. Lore

What do you like about FF X?

My 2 cents ONLY:

A beautiful game! A linear masterpiece even. Deep story, engaging characters (occasionally).
Battle system... Exists. Even if it is essentially one attack with effects placed on the sword for the purpose of allowing averyone the ability to... attack with said ability attached to weapon.

These are my only gripes which seem to revolve around battle only. That said! enlighten a fellow gamer who at 19 was disappointed by the time I reached the calm lands(Pulse anyone?).

Crystal Power

Keyblade Master
Nov 29, 2013
United States
I loved the summon battle structure as well. I do wish that summons wasn't only limited to Yuna, but then if that were to happen it would have to be a complete different story and such. But I'm imagining what if it was like Final Fantasy VII, VIII, etc when you can give summons to any given character.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
I really love FFX, and I think the thing that's most special about it - especially after the steampunk 6/7, the heavily-westernized 8 and the medieval Europe stylings of 9... it's a very Asian-feeling game. I think it has a great, unique feel for that reason.

Azuardo

Keyblade Master
Sep 26, 2013
My favourite battle system in the series. I loved the tactical approach, being able to take my time with things. I'm not too fussy when it comes to any type of battle system in FF, but I really enjoy that strategic side to the battles, particularly in the tough boss battles, where every move counts.

Yep. One of my fave FF girls.

Kaimi

Yevonite
Oct 10, 2013
Poland
B o o b s .

:p

But in all seriousness now, Lulu is a very good character in my opinion. I love her physical appearance (even though she has too many belts), her cool and smart demeanor, and how amazingly her voice sounds (all hail, Paula Tiso!).

And I really liked Yuna; I can relate to her in so many ways! Like her voice actress, Hedy Burress, once said, Yuna is a non-aggressive in her way of act, yet still getting some things she wants, kinda like me, but Yuna does it better. I wasn't than fond of her romance with Tidus, possibly since my first FF was Final Fantasy X-2 and I was already in live with Shuyin and Lenne's tragic story.

And the battle system is good, although it feels quite strange and is kinda difficult to me to switch between FFX and FFX-2 'on the go' since they have so opposite battle systems.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
Y'know, I never really rated Lulu, but Yuna and Rikku are two of the better ladies FF has produced. Despite where they both go in FFX-2, they're great characters, and Rikku in particular is the best take on the 'young, spunky' archetype by far, beating out Yuffie, Selphie, Eiko, Penello & Vanille for me easily.