Will Kingdom Hearts III have Marvel and Star Wars things?

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/02/wall-street-journal-marvel-star-wars.html

It was reported that Marvel and Star Wars versions of Disney Infinity are in development. Disney Infinity first got the chance of uniting Disney with Pixar. But there were rumors of Pixar settings in KHIII and also Nomura wanted to have Star Wars characters in KH. Will KH get the same treatment as Disney Infinity?

Last edited:
As a fan of both properties, but someone not very familiar with the KH series, I naturally would say yes, but I concede that there in the event of it happening, I will have to watch a Keyblade go up against a sci-fi weapon that should really cut through anything. And no limb dismemberment in sight I wager.

That's pretty much all I have to say about this. Don't know enough to make any more of an informed guess than what you have, although I imagine if they're to appear it won't immediately be in this game.

APZonerunner

Network Boss-man
Administrator
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Jul 25, 2013
Solihull, UK
www.rpgsite.net
The key thing to note about the Marvel/Star Wars thing is that they're versions of Disney Infinity. Not expansions, per se. I'll be curious to see if you can use the regular Disney Infinity figures in the Marvel/SW games. If you can, there's a chance. I get the impression Disney want to keep these three brands separate, though. More's the pity.

LeonBlade

Administrator
Administrator
Site Staff
Oct 25, 2013
Blossvale, New York
I do not believe we will see Marvel or Star Wars in Kingdom Hearts III, mainly because they're not Disney characters, and it also doesn't really fit with the theme of the game.

Pixar makes sense, because Pixar feels like Disney to me, but Star Wars and Marvel are just acquired by Disney, they don't really embody what Disney is.

Skye

Red Wings Commander
Sep 26, 2013
I personally don't want any Marvel/Star Wars characters in KHIII. However, I do want accessories or weapons to be added KH3. For example, Donald will have Thor's Hammer as a weapon, and Goofy will have Caption America's shield.

Somber

SOLDIER Second Class
Nov 22, 2013
I personally don't want any Marvel/Star Wars characters in KHIII. However, I do want accessories or weapons to be added KH3. For example, Donald will have Thor's Hammer as a weapon, and Goofy will have Caption America's shield.
Oh wow! COOL!

XvoltaireX

PSICOM Soldier
Nov 28, 2014
Star Wars i'd be okay with. It still fits in with KH's theme of light vs Dark, friendship, and other emotional themes(besides, Nomura is a huge Star Wars fan himself, which gave him slight inspiration for KH in the first place.) Marvel on the other hand, i can't see fitting in with the KH universe. Sure thor could. You'd simply have sora and friends going through a heartless infested Asgard, where Lightning from FF 13 will be aiding you. But the real life settings of the rest of marvel? No.

Kaii

PSICOM Soldier
UFFSite Veteran
Site Staff
Aug 19, 2014
San Diego
Marvel on the other hand, i can't see fitting in with the KH universe.
I really think that hits the nail on the head. It would be an incredibly awkward fit for Marvel. Maybe less so for Star Wars, because Star Wars has been mashed together with fucking everything, but I'd still rather not see it.

I don't think it's in real danger of happening though. Disney Infinity seems to be primarily a rival for Activision's Skylanders, since they both encourage kids to buy figurines to be used in the game, etc. But, fun fact: Square Enix was actually the publisher for Skylanders Spyro's Adventure in Japan, so it sounds like they're at least into the idea of these kinds of games. Still, it doesn't follow from any of this that SE would want to populate the KH universe with Marvel or Star Wars.