Xbox One Launch in Japan (not a pretty sight)

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wazi the pa

Samurai Legend
Site Staff
Oct 26, 2013
Australia
The launch of the Xbox One in Japan took place on September 4th 2014....

To put it this way, this is what Microsoft Japan tweeted INSIDE the mid-night launch event:

(Click here for the Tweet)

And below are where the 'supposed' buyers for the Xbox One line up:

Apparently the person in the image above (thats holding a PS Vita), is not actually lining up for an Xbox One.

To be honest, we all know that the Xbox One wouldn't sell much in Japan but.......
It is definitely not a pretty sight.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/09/04/80182.html

http://kotaku.com/japans-xbox-one-launch-as-sad-as-youd-expect-1630411606

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
It's just going to be a repeat of XB360. Microsoft will still get the big games. As for everything else? They'll try but then give up.

Hopefully they still target and published some Japanese games for the west at least. They got some but it could very well be the last.

Squirrel Emperor

Nuts
Sep 26, 2013
I wonder when is the time for Microsoft to give up on the Japanese market.....
They shouldn't give up. The last thing we want are less Japanese games. They're just going to have to be a bit smarter about what Japanese games they decide to publish. Target Japanese stuff that appeals to the west cause console market in Japan isn't in a good state.

And even though games like Scalebound may not be on the PS4, people should be happy games like that exist. Those types of games target a niche market and I fear they may not last much longer.

Sep 26, 2013
They tried at the start with XB360 and then gave up. I expect the same to happen with XBox One.

Really, all that should matter to Microsoft is that they make sure they get the big 3rd party titles for their western audience. So far so good.