Xenoblade Chronicles for 3DS Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
While I don't own a 3DS, and even though I already played Xenoblade; I'm glad this is getting released. Xenoblade is arguably the strongest JRPG of last gen, and it's nice to see more people can play it.

PD: Is it just me, or does the combat look kind of slow?

Sep 26, 2013
New 3DS exclusive from the looks of it. Best to wait anyways cause a lot of software is in development that will be only exclusive to New 3DS.

Orenji

Clan Centurio Member
Oct 15, 2013
Mataró
orenji-chan.blogspot.com
I'm curious about those games already in development. In my opinion, they should have waited a little longer and announce the N3DS along with some other games... Not that I'm complaining, tho - this will be the first time I'll be able to play this amazing game (if it gets released in Europe, of course :oops:)

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Apparently the game won't be out until sometime next year (no quarter specified) so it may be tweaked quite a bit until then.

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
My guess is that it will be released by the time E3 comes around, as a lot of the porting donkey-work appears to have been done. Even so, optimising a game of this size on New 3DS must be quite staggering, considering it seems to struggle a bit in its current form.

I'm also wondering if this port means that X has been delayed until late 2015, which I sure hope not.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I'm honestly hoping it will come out around February or March, actually, with a limited edition LL, so that kids who got their New Years money will be more likely to buy this (and I'll be able to snatch up the LL too). Though Xenoblade isn't really a game marketed toward kids that I know of.

But maybe I'm hoping for too much. May/June seems so far away...

Sep 26, 2013
I'm also wondering if this port means that X has been delayed until late 2015, which I sure hope not.
It's possible that the reason this exists is to get Nintendo's handheld audience interested in X. However, that doesn't sound like it would be a very effective as Nintendo is ignoring 40 million 3DS owners by making this exclusive to NEW 3DS.

Sep 26, 2013
The game was just announced in today's Nintendo Direct for Australia and will come out in 2015. So it looks like the game will see release outside of Japan.

Sep 26, 2013
I think I would rather play the game on a big screen TV then on a little screen. And since that's something I've already done, I don't really care too much about the handheld version.