Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
I've been playing Xenoblade 3D and have really been enjoying my time with it in terms of the story, characters, scale, and sense of adventure. I'm still not quite sold on Xenoblade X though, as the direction seems to be quite different from the original game. Has there been any word on what the story entails and if it'll still be as intimate as a guy working alongside his pals to change the future?

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
It's a Tetsuya Takahashi game so I don't think story is that big of a concern. He said he didn't put a lot of effort into the story for Xenoblade because he was trying something new with gameplay balance, but has said that he may finally be satisfied with his vision and created a complex sci-fi story in X. He's primarily a sci-fi writer so this is what he is most comfortable with.

Of course, time will only tell if that all proves to be true or not. Xenogears' level of epic is REALLY hard to beat. If he can somehow combine an XG-level story with an XBX-level gameplay I think it would be the masterpiece of RPGs.

I'm expecting it's at least on the same level as the first Xenoblade, hoping it will be better though. The one other thing I do expect is that XBX may feel more "dry" than XB but I think that's a sci-fi thing.

Only one more week to go before we'll find out B) yea so excited. I wonder how many dolls I can own.

Rin

Reformed
Apr 11, 2015
The latest issue of Dengeki Nintendo features Xenoblade X on the cover and also contains a game guide called "Exploratory Handbook."

Sep 26, 2013
They’ve been tight lipped about the story. All we really know is what we’ve seen from the prologue but we know there is so much more then that. The broadcasts we've been getting have suggested it.

Sep 26, 2013
We're starting to enter spoiler territory now.

Here's a lot of translated stuff from the Dengeki guide. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tfO-elYLCSqnqk81vvPcXPGaMEG7o8qZIg8w-JVpZO0/pub It does have some spoiler stuff in regards to the story.

Dengeki screen shots. http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/040/1040729/

And for those who care about Famitsu review scores.

9/9/8/8

-to play this enormous world and story you need time and effort
-the cutscene is too long so sometimes it feels like watching a movie
-the explanation for the world is good but too much cutscenes
-the tempo of dialogue is slow
-lack of explanations for game systems

Oh and Elma is apparently 29 years old.

yeah_93

Warrior of Light
Sep 27, 2013
Venezuela
Here's a new story trailer

...at least that's what I think. They spend time talking and shit. But since I don't understand Japanese, I don't get what's happening. Just that there are fancy transformer fights.

EDIT: Damn, beaten...

EDIT2: Here's the trailer again, since Wazi was polite enough (or who knows) to delete the message where he posted the vid.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
It's a Nintendo Direct followed by a Nintendo Treehouse live presentation featuring the game too. Videos available in English only.

That means it's going to be Reyn time tomorrow! :D

Sep 26, 2013
I won't participate but someone should probably make a spoiler thread. Some people have the game already and we're learning things about the story. I've already ruined one big thing for myself.

Last edited:

darkbahamut

Balamb Garden Freshman
UFFSite Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Portsmouth, UK
E3 summary for Xeno X.
  • New trailer containing English-translated text during the Digital Event.
  • Releases December in the West (4th for NA, possibly same for EU).
  • During the Treehouse, English voices were heard for the first time. American accents, which is fine when you consider your home is New Los Angeles.
Its a shame we have to wait 5 more months until release, but at least we have a date now.