Xenoblade Chronicles X Announced

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I finally got around to finishing the main story quests and I will be really disappointed if it doesn't continue somehow. Won't give any details but it suddenly gets really interesting and involved during the last chapter and ends on a massive cliffhanger... soooooo many questions...

So far the post-plot missions don't seem intent on answering any of them either... it actually kind of sours how I feel about the game because I'm so anxious to know what's supposed to happen next. Before this my problem was the main plot being too uninteresting, but I was able to focus on quests and gameplay.

Sep 26, 2013
Finally beat the game myself. Now I understand why people said the game feels like a prologue. When I think about it and some of the things Takahashi said in interviews, it seems like the point of XCX was not just Monolith Soft getting used to HD development but also to set up the groundwork for a sequel as well. They pretty much have all the game mechanics and world design in place. Now it's just a matter of expanding things like the story and learning more about Mira itself.

And you know what they say about sequels. They tend to be cheaper and faster to make. And when you consider what kind of sales Xenoblade gets and how much it probably costs to make, it's probably a pretty safest thing to do too. ;)

End game spoilers
Elma is super hot! I want a Good Smile statue of her true form!

Love the game by the way. Put in 144 hours so far. :D

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
Yeah I'm trying to hold off 100%ing my file so if/when a continuation is announced I'll have something to play to gear me up.

What kind of characters did everyone make? I love the Mastermind (I think that's the name) class. I could get about 60,000+ damage to multiple enemies in an attack with the ray gun. auras boost arts damage, knife arts lower enemy's ether resist, then position my character carefully to hit the maximum number of targets and use ranged arts. Very satisfying. Also having heal-all arts and debuffs that prevent enemies from using skills are very nice to have. I was able to do the final chapter without relying on skells (well, for the most part. they all broke pretty easily).

Oh, plus I added a magazine augment to my raygun (I used the weird-looking ether one that powers up the virus debuff) so it could get more hits in. Used the knife for a quick boost of TP.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Final chapter was pretty easy for me as I was overpowered. 4 level 60 characters with level 55 armor, level 60 weapons and 4 level 50 Skells. The final fight where I couldn't use a Skell wasn't hard either.

Haven't decided on a class to settle on as I intend to master all of them. I just have the bottom set to go.

Post game content seems to continue where chapter 12 left off. If it covers that cliffhanger ending I don't know. Not expecting it though.

Side note: I can see this game getting an HD remaster and released on NX. If there is a sequel then it probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. XCX was released during a bad time in the Wii U's life after all. They may want to get as much out of the Xeno brand as possible.

Fin

Clan Centurio Member
UFFSite Veteran
Nov 22, 2013
Kanagawa, Japan
I was only level 50 tops with level 30 skells so it was a pretty tense set of battles for me. Fun though. (The bottom third of the classes are the best ones. *cough*)

I don't think there are any questions answered or conclusions reached during the post game content. A new "making of" artbook is coming out tomorrow, though, that might clarify some things unless they want to keep it in the dark for a continuation.