A Patent that " seems" to be talking about FFXV

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
He is limited to what he can say. So of course he tries to summarize and rephrase all of that so the fans can get the idea. He failed to word it properly.
All this detail of the gameplay is what's going to be officially shown off at Jump Festa if I was ever a betting man.
Well he's going to show off the demo version anyways ( a complete gameplay demo). So by dec. we should see it in action. Maybe even before that on Square Enix Presents!

A Guy named "Verendus" from said he played the demo, and gave some control schemes or what not. Not sure how Legit that is.

Those were the controls when he played the demo:

R2 = Teleport
L2 = Fire
L1 = Weapon Switch Mechanic
Circle = Attack
X = Defend
L3 = Movement
R3 = Camera

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
There is only 1 thing that is throwing me off about this whole patent, that is: The Diagram features what looks to be a PSP?
Yeah, I was thinking about it too but then the publication date and when you read it in detail, its clear its for XV. Just probably easier to point out the display and controls.

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
You know how Tabata said the XV combat is supposed to be a more refined version of the Type-0 gameplay? The diagram could be a template they're using to map out the kind of button layout for the controls and such. I'm only theorizing on this.
And Type-0's battle system had no changes for the HD version nor any of this that they describe.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Yeah, I was thinking about it too but then the publication date and when you read it in detail, its clear its for XV. Just probably easier to point out the display and controls.
I'd understand if it was a PS Vita ( because of remote play) but as you said, that is the diagram they used to "project what they wanted to say better". I mean is there any game of Square Enix that will use this Patent in the future? Because The patent just says " A game" ( I'm 97% sure it's for FFXV), but that doesn't mean this patent is 100% for FFXV.

You know how Tabata said the XV combat is supposed to be a more refined version of the Type-0 combat? The diagram could be a template they're using to map out the kind of button layout for the controls and such. I'm only theorizing on this.
I suppose that makes sense in a way. :p Even though I am very sure this is linked to FFXV with all the strong evidence that is within the patent, it's still not official. However, it does give me a lot of hope!

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
I'd understand if it was a PS Vita ( because of remote play) but as you said, that is the diagram they used to "project what they wanted to say better". I mean is there any game of Square Enix that will use this Patent in the future? Because The patent just says " A game" ( I'm 97% sure it's for FFXV), but that doesn't mean this patent is 100% for FFXV.

I suppose that makes sense in a way. :p Even though I am very sure this is linked to FFXV with all the strong evidence that is within the patent, it's still not official. However, it does give me a lot of hope!
I believe the point of a patent is so no one else or no other company can use it. If they specified it is for FFXV, it kind of backfires on them since they may use this in the future.

The evidence is simply because the one who invented this is : Tabata.

There was another one and it had the creators of the LR system listed but did not specify.

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
Some more details came about and they are good ones:
  1. Targetting enemies is automatic by default (based on priotized gambits). For example, If your higher priority gambit is using Spell A against a foe within 3m of you, and you press the Attack button exactly when there's a foe within that range, the game will automatically target that foe.
  2. Pressing R and L buttons allows you to manually target and priotize targets, where the game will then pick the highest priority gambit you have that can be used for that target.
  3. This system applies both to allied characters controlled by the AI, and the player character with manual input. So you can have allied characters only do certain characters if the player character is near them.
  4. This system can be customised before and during the battle, through a menu.
  5. New positional conditions can be obtained through the game.
  6. New attack methods can be obtained through the game, whenever the player equips new items, learns new skills, etc.
  7. The number of attack method/ gambit rows can be expanded/ obtained through the game.
  8. While setting up positional conditions, the system will automatically filter the number of actions to those that only make sense. For example, it'll be impossible to set up a close-ranged attack that triggers if you are far from the enemy.
  9. There's the possibility to switch to a more manual input mode, where attacks can be attached to several buttons.
Real?

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
I believe the point of a patent is so no one else or no other company can use it. If they specified it is for FFXV, it kind of backfires on them since they may use this in the future.

The evidence is simply because the one who invented this is : Tabata.

There was another one and it had the creators of the LR system listed but did not specify.
Okay it has his name on it, but couldn't it be also for Type-0 HD, if we were simply going off his name?

That's why the content within the patent give a lot more insight on the matter. Because Type-O doesn't have a gambit like system nor Coordination attacks. Which makes it one other game that comes to mind that comes from SE, FFXV ( unless there is some other game I don't know about that does this? lol

Takoyaki

SOLDIER Second Class
May 27, 2014
Okay it has his name on it, but couldn't it be also for Type-0 HD, if we were simply going off his name?

That's why the content within the patent give a lot more insight on the matter. Because Type-O doesn't have a gambit like system nor Coordination attacks. Which makes it one other game that comes to mind that comes from SE, FFXV ( unless there is some other game I don't know about that does this? lol
That's true. Then the person would have to refer to the date the patent popped up on and make the connection from there. :p