Active Cross Battle ( AXB)- FFXV Battle System

Members see less ads - sign up now for free and join the community!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Starlord

AVALANCHE Warrior
May 14, 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
You know, as much as I wanted to change characters, I think giving this a shot looks worthwhile. While you can't change characters, everyone interacts with Noctis that is in his party. You set gambits to your other party members ( strategically), and you go do your own thing. I wanted to play as Noctis anyways so it's no big deal to me. This whole battle system is built around Noctis.

Edit: The Cross part of (AXB) is referring to Noctis and party Cooperative attacks.
Other things to note about the Battle system:

- Guard drains MP, so freely using guard all the time will mess you up. Also you can be hit while attempting to dodge
- There are timing related attacks ( Attacking and dodging)
- You can jump ( not sure how this affects battle atm but okay :p)
- There is a combo related button (based on context that you control), and there is a special attack button ( using your main weapon you have equipped.)

It is a new battle system, and I like it when they try to change up the battle system, so I feel it's worth giving a shot.

More info from Gematsu!

http://gematsu.com/2014/10/final-fantasy-xv-director-addresses-fan-concerns-new-gameplay

Last edited:

King Bimpy

Clan Centurio Member
Jul 11, 2014
you forgot scenes for each attack occur on the overworld in real time. Seamlessly integrated into where Noc is positioned. No separate environment or load screens for something pre rendered. Magic effects the setting, so when using a fire spell grass burns. yes you can get damaged from the recklessness of fire abuse.