1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello! Join Us here on Mognet Central & be part of one of the best FF & RPG communities around! You can even sign up with your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Steam Account, Kupo!

Digimon thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by ScienceNonfiction, Nov 17, 2015.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!

1. yeah_93

yeah_93 AVALANCHE Warrior

Welp, that looks good. And I still haven't seen the first film. I want a dub :(

2. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

There're subs.

3. Fin

Fin Red Wings Commander UFFSite Veteran

0:32 -- Isn't that Hackmon? He's the Digimon that evolves into Jes(us)mon, the final Royal Knight

4. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Seens to be.
    [​IMG]

5. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Rewatching Adventure 01 (a bit late than I was pretending to do), already finished episode 9.

6. ScienceNonfiction

ScienceNonfiction ShinRa SOLDIER

Cool. Never heard of it until now.

e: Hackmon that is.

7. twa556

twa556 Balamb Garden Freshman

I love Digimon so much, it was my favorite cartoon as a kid. Tri was probably my favorite movie of 2015, was almost exactly what I wanted. I have Cyber Slueth preordered to, though I'm considering changing to the Vita version.
    Also about the death battle, honestly any decent mega-level digimon could wipe the entire species of Pokemon off the map. That's not me being a fan boy, I really feel those are the facts.

8. ScienceNonfiction

Nice. I'm going to get Cyber Sleuth as well, though I'm actually not too familiar with the Digimon games. Not sure whether or not I'll enjoy Cyber Sleuth, but I guess I'll take the plunge anyway. Hope I don't get burned.

9. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

10. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

11. ScienceNonfiction

12. ScienceNonfiction

Cyber Sleuth is out TODAY! I told myself not to get it until the weekend, but it's probably only a matter of hours before I cave and download it.

13. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Digimon Adventure Tri: Determination Trailer 2

First 6 mins of the OVA.

ScienceNonfiction likes this.
  14. Shin Kazama

Shin Kazama ShinRa SOLDIER UFFSite Veteran

Get it. It's awesome. Story is so good. I don't regret paying full price one bit.

15. ScienceNonfiction

Already on chapter 7 ;)
    between 7 and 8 actually, since you don't go right from one to the next.

THE GOOD
    - Digivolving/devolving, stat building, choosing a party, etc. is borderline addicting.
    - Several running cases keep things interesting! Can't wait to see how all the different mysteries are brought together.
    - For some reason I'm really liking the characters. There's nothing too special about any of them, but somehow they just click.
    - Save anywhere!

THE BAD
    - Game is far too easy, even on hard difficulty.
    - That said, I have died on some of the bosses, which, thankfully, provide some challenge. Too bad there's no way to skip cutscenes.
    - No English voices :(

THE UGLY
    - The Digimon models look great, but somehow it seems like they put A LOT of care and effort into Numemon...

Anyway, I just found out you need 20 ABI for megas. Looks like I'll have to devolve my ultimates... I also found out that Gatomon can completely break eater battles. Its special attack deals fixed 150 damage, which usually isn't that great, but against an eater it's like half the HP meter.

16. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  17. ScienceNonfiction

I forgot to mention: if you want a good podcast to listen to along with your rewatch check out http://www.digimonrewatch.com/

There are several decent Digimon podcasts out there, but these guys are the best. They're doing episodes on Tri as well.

18. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Thanks, I will check it out.

19. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

Crunchyroll also announced on Wednesday that Digimon Adventure tri. Ketsui (Determination), the second installment in the Digimon Adventure tri. film series will launch on Friday, March 11 at 11:00 a.m. EST.

The stream will be available in the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritania, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Northern Cyprus, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Spain, Sudan, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara, and Yemen.

Via AnimeNewsNetaork.com

20. Lulcielid

Lulcielid Turk

I am REALLY Disliking how Crunchyroll is handling the streaming. Breaking the OVA in 4 parts just breaks the pacing of the feature, even worse, they donĀ“t cut where it would be fitting from a storytelling perspective, they just cut in the exact point where they can have their desired 25min mark.

Registered Members don't see ads. Sign up! It's Free!